What's Wrong With A Little Chaos?

Song: Smells Like Teenage Spirit - Nirvana

Octavia had been gone for about a half-hour now.

Finn had rounded up all the people that had been in close contact with Murphy, but sick kids were still coming in a steady stream.

Clarke had told Bellamy I'd be safe upstairs, but she'd also told him Octavia wouldn't sneak out again.

I guess she lied both times.

I wanted to help. Sitting around just waiting to get sick was pointless, especially since I was probably immune anyway.

Even if I wasn't, people needed help, I could help them. It seemed like a no-brainer.

I rushed back and forth between teenagers, bringing them water, canisters to throw up into, turning them on their sides and patting their backs. Dating Will Solace taught me a few things about taking care of patients.

I heard Bellamy call to Clarke from outside, "You guys okay in there?"

Clarke looked at me with a grimace, "Stay here for a second," She pleaded.

I laughed, "Don't worry, I have no intention of angering His Highness."

One of the teens started convulsing on the floor and I rushed over, turning him on his side.

I was too late, he was dead.

I slowly backed away from the body as Clarke signalled for some of the less-sick delinquents to help carry the body out of the dropship, following behind as they did so she could talk to Bellamy.

I crept up to the doorway and stood beside the opening, out of sight.

I said I'd stay in the dropship, I never said I wouldn't eavesdrop.

"All right, show's over. Get back to your posts," I heard Bellamy say before presumably turning to Clarke.

"You got enough food in there? water?" He asked.

Clarke nodded, "Yeah, some medicine might be nice." She let out a huff of laughter.

"I'll see what I can do," I could hear the smile in Bellamy's voice.

"Octavia, Cleo, you okay?" I could hear his voice getting closer.

Shit shit shit.

"Bellamy, wait," Clarke intervened. "Octavia's not here, I sent her to see Lincoln."

Gods, I could basically feel Bellamy's death stare from here.

"Look, if there's a cure, he has it," Clarke defended herself. "I didn't tell you because I knew you wouldn't let her go."

Silence...

"Cleo? I know you're there," Bellamy called out.

After a moment's hesitation, I stepped outside, giving him a winning smile, "Bellamy, how's it going?"

He shook his head, unimpressed, "I'd blame Clarke for you being downstairs, but I know you better than that."

"I didn't give her an option," I said. "It seemed pointless to sit around doing nothing when we were clearly short on helpers."

"It was for your protection," Bellamy emphasised. "Get upstairs, or I'll drag you up there myself."

"I've already beaten you once today, Bellamy Blake," I warned. "Surely you don't want your ego to take another hit so soon,"

"You beat me by holding a knife to my throat, I'm still stronger than you," Bellamy stepped forward before Clarke blocked him off.

"Whoa, Bellamy, wait," Clarke interjected. "Cleo has a point. If she was going to get sick, she probably already would've. And we need as many people as possible helping out with all the sick."