Chapter Six: I Strung up a man They say who Murdered Three

When Scott had gotten the news that Mohwee, Owen, and Shelby were trapped in the maze, and most likely dead he didn't really seem to believe it.

Shelby had been killed multiple times, and she still came back.

And Owen and Mohwee had just given off survivor energy, y'know?

So to hear that those three were dead, or at the very least dying, it was quite hard to take in if Scott was gonna be honest.

Apparently it was also hard for the human Gracie to take in as well.

"They can't be dead! They just can't!"

"Gracie please" Guts pled, "you know Owen couldn't stand a chance against that thing."

"Show me his body! Show me his fucking body!"

"Gracie... we don't know where his body could be, we hardly even knew where we were."

"He's not dead! And besides! Mohwee survived several nights in the maze beforehand! He has to still be alive! They both have to!"

"Mohwee didn't have that thing to deal with the last time he got trapped in the maze" Squidney pointed out.

"Until I see their bodies there is no way they're dead!"

Gracie collapsed into sobs, and Scott patted her back in a comforting manner.

Wilbur, Ori, and Red had already gone in the maze to find them, and so far had yet to return.

Scott didn't know where Raspie or the others were at the moment, since he had stuck by Gracie's side ever since Guts and Squidney had ran out the maze looking as if death itself had payed them a visit, and said it was their time.

Gracie grabbed onto Scott and hugged him.

Although he was not used to the affection, he still returned the hug; ignoring the wet patch growing on his jacket.

"So who's gonna tell Apo?" Squidney asked

That name had been thrown around a bit before, but it had always been a very vague mention of it. Needless to say Scott was surprised anyone had thought of telling him something when the mood was always sad tension or anger when talking about him.

"I will" Guts volunteered.

"Can I come to? I'd like to meet this Apo person you keep bringing up."

Guts shrugged, "it's fine with me, someone was gonna have to tell him about you guys anyway so this is really just convenient timing."

Scott smiled, and Gracie (still sobbing) let go of him.

"So, can you tell me more about this Apo guy?" Scott asked as he and Guts started walking.

"Sure, Apo is a half-demon like Raspie, he was also very close with Raspie and Owen, they called themselves The Fruit Trio I believe."

"Why did they call themselves that?"

"I don't really know the details, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Raspberries, Oranges, and... Apricots?"

"I see"

"Gracie probably knows more about that then me, but that's basically the reason."

"Why does everyone rarely talk about him, and when they do, why is it always either with a tense or sad mood?"

Guts sighed at this.

"Well one day Apo, Squidney, and Raspie went into the maze. They went into a part of the maze that had two levers. One for mercy... and one for death, and for whatever reason Apo... he pulled the death lever, and in doing so released the creature, and prevented the second clearings door from closing at night. The only two to survive as far as we know are Bek and Magic, but that's why almost no one talks about Apo, and certainly not with a cheerful mood when they do."