20. Saying goodbye

"Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be"

---

After sleeping for an hour, you and Five walked out of the trailer before going to the bike.

"You ready to go back?" he asked as he jumped up on the bike and you nodded before you sat behind him.

Five started the bike but then turned off the engine before he took a deep breath.

"You wanna talk before we take the ride back?" he asked and you lifted your head "You don't have to if you don't want to" he said "No Five. You deserve to know" you said and he got off the bike before he walked over to he was in front of you.

"Look at me" he said and you turned to face him. This wasn't the Nat he know and love. And it were crushing him to see you, the woman he love the most like this.

You are the avalanche
One world away

"You can't do this Nat. You can't shut me out like this. Not now. It's you and me, remember. Forever" he said.

"I'm not okay, Five" you said "I knew there was something wrong. Why didn't you tell me?" he asked "'Cause I don't want you to worry about me or even prioritizing me. I'm fine---" but you were cut off by Five kissing you.

My make believing
While I'm wide awake

He pulled away while he shook his head "I don't care if I end up stressing about you. Nothing is more important to me than you. Nothing in the whole world, not even the Kugelblitz or the end of the world" he said "Five..."

"Love, other than any shitty apocalypse out there to stop and save the family, you have always being my first priority and nothing will ever changed that. I will always worry about you, even if you're safe. Everything I have done was to make sure that you and our siblings were safe. But you will always be the most important person to me, Darling. I love you okay, more than everything and seeing you hurt, breaks my heart" he said before he caressed your cheek and you leaned your head against his touch.

"I would rather have you sob on my shoulder and tell me what pains you than to miss you for the rest of my life. You may not feel loved or worthy, but to me, you are my world. And I need you here with me" he said and you smiled.

Just a trick of light
To bring me back around again

"I'm sorry if I wasn't there to help you deal with your pain and I'm sorry that I didn't notice it immediately. I should have" he said.

Those wild eyes
A psychedelic silhouette

You then took his hands "No, I pushed you away and I was good at hiding it. It's my fault. I'm sorry. Instead of opening up, I didn't say anything to you while you were there showing that you're here for me. I told you I was fine when I really was not. When you are scared and in pain, that's when you need your people the most" you said before you let out a sigh "But I was..." "Prioritizing others first before yourself" he finished before he let out a sigh.