Nightmares And Comfort

Cuphead
You
❤♦️❤♦️❤

You and the cup ran..you ran and ran and ran.. you both ran for your lives people,animals and utensils chased after you both with flaming pitchforks
They had already killed your mother and mugman for supporting what you and the cup had.
"Get them!"
"Kill them!"
"Burn them!"
"We nearly have them!"
A Pitchfork flew through the air and stabbed into your arm pinning you to the ground.
"No Princess!"
The cup rushed back to your aid and pulled the Pitchfork out of your arm..he wrapped it in his brown coat.
"It hurts!~ it hurts~"
You whimpered.
"I know I know it's going to be okay we-"
"Are finished!"
You and the cup looked around..you were surrounded..the cup held you close to him as they waved their weapons and pitchforks.
"Kill the crossbreeders!"
The cup held you close to him protecting you in his arms as they closed in..there was no escape and finally they swung their pitchforks....
.....

"Ahh!!"
You jerked awake a sweaty panting mess.
You looked around your room only to see it was just a bad nightmare you huffed and took deep breaths cooling yourself down..
although some people did hate cross-breeding you knew most didn't most fonded over it and thought it was adorable so an event like what you had in your dream was unlikely.
But the thought still haunted your mind and as you layed down trying to sleep you found you couldn't.. you tossed and turned..
You needed comfort but really didn't want to disturb anyone..after an hour though..you thought it was for the best.
You got out of bed and walked through the house to your mothers room,peeping inside you found her in bed fast asleep snuggling with one of your dads shirts.
You frowned a little seeing this..poor mum..at least she was sleeping though..
You left the hallway and went into the living room where you saw the cup snuggled in his black shirt and overalls under your spare covers.
He had a smile on his face and was holding the blanket close..you smiled but walked over..you felt bad about this..really bad..but surely he wouldn't be mad at you..right?..
"C-cuphead?"
You shook him gently on the arm through the blanket..he stirred a little but didn't move..
"C-Cuphead?"
His head on the floor beside the couch mumbled and he turned to the side facing away from you.
"Cuphead?"
If this time didn't work you'd just go back to bed..luckily..it did..
"Hm?"
"Cuphead.."
He groggily fluttered his eyes open and looked up at you from the floor below...
"Princess?..what are you doing *yawn* awake?"
He asked as he reattached his head to his body..
"I can't get back to sleep....I had a nightmare.."
The cup sat up.
"A nightmare?..what about?.."
"Us.."
"Us?....Do you..wanna tell me bout it?"
You looked at the floor and shuffled your foot..
"There were haters..they didn't like..Us.. they killed mum..and mugman..they chased us with p-pitchforks.. and-.."
You felt a few tears ready to leak pricking the corners of your E/C eyes.
"Woah Princess hey it's alright.."
He took your hands in his.
"It felt so real.."
"It wasn't though look at me..I'm still here your still here your mum and mugs are still here..I get nightmares to..you don't have to face them alone..I'm glad you woke me up..how long have you been awake for?"
"..an hour..I tried to get back to sleep but..it didn't work.."
"That's alright..why don't you stay with me and snuggle..hm?"
You nodded.
The cup moved back on the couch so you could sit beside him and you did he put the blanket over you and kissed your cheek.
"It's alright princess..the nightmares can't hurt you..they scare you..but they can't hurt you"
You both layed down..but you wanted to be snuggled in the cups chest so you moved down a bit more.
He was suprised by it but relaxed and rested his head above yours.
"I thought you had to take your head off to sleep"
"I can sleep with it on or off"
The cup wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer to him.
"You'll be okay my princess..I won't let anyone or anything hurt you"
Those words made you feel warm.. you wrapped your arms around him and clutched him tight..he rubbed your back..
"Sh.sh.sh.sh.shhhh~"
His scent was so warm..he smelt like strawberries 🍓 and a winter fireplace..your heart rate slowed down and you relaxed..
"There you go~"
You smiled gently and felt your body drift off again..
"Th-thank you cuphead.."
"Your welcome princess....I love you.."
"I-*yawn* I love you too"
With that your body drifted back into the world of slumber..

°•○CUPHEADS POV○•°

I was suprised when I woke up and found my princess seeking comfort..noones ever seeked me for comfort before..it felt good..having her in my arms right now as she peacefully slept..felt good..really good..my insides..my soul felt so warm..I looked down at her snuggling into my chest and smiled warmly..she was so cute..I rested my head back ontop of hers..her hair smelt like cotton candy..so sweet..
My eyes started to drift closed and soon I found myself in the same state she was in..asleep..
....
..........