His best friend, the Sheriff

I walked out of the Salvatore Boarding School and breathed the fresh Mystic Falls air. It has been about 2 weeks since I left New Orleans, and I've never felt better in the 1000 years I've been alive.

I've met the latest doppelganger, Elena Gilbert, and she's actually very nice. I've been hanging out with her, Bonnie, and their vampire friend Caroline a lot. I've also met the vampire hunter/teacher, Alaric, and Tyler Lockwood. 

Damon introduced me to his best friend, the Sheriff, and his other friend, The Mayor. Looks like they know about the supernatural, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've been calling Davina and Freya daily, and they've told me everything.

Freya has met a werewolf, Keelin, and they've been going steady for the past week or so. Davina's been making progress with her powers and is making a lot of friends in New Orleans.

One thing I haven't found out is the white oak.

I heard from Damon that they found white oak, and I came here to get it and use it on myself, but I haven't been able to track it down.

"Lori!" Stefan said as he walked up beside me.

 "The Mikaelsons are here. All of them." I sighed. "Okay. I need to call Davina."

I walked away and dialed her number.

"Hey, Lori."

"You're in Mystic Falls?" I hissed. I heard her sigh, "Yes. All of us, save Keelin. Klaus has been on a rampage without you and said that he's holding a ball at their mansion. Wanna meet up?"

"Sure. There's a place called the Mystic Grill here."

"I'm on my way." I hung up and immediate dialed the number I never thought I would.

"Yes?" I heard him ask.

"Why are you in Mystic Falls, Nik?"

"Am I not allowed to miss my wife?" I scoffed, "You always have an alterior motive. Why are you hosting a ball?"

"I want to dance with you. Is that so hard to believe?" I laughed, "Yes, it actually is. When is it?"

"Tonight? Will you be there?" I rolled my eyes, "I'm not going. I don't dance." I lied.

I smiled a bit at the memory of dancing every night with my family in our village.

"Then why are you smiling?" I stilled and looked around. I spotted him on the treeline and sighed.

"Why are you here?" He smiled, "I wanted to deliver your invitation personally, and my gift for you." I raised a brow. "You didn't need to get me anything," I said softly, "You don't owe me anything."

He sighed and hung up. He sped over in front of me and held out a box. 

There was an invitation on the front that read;

"Please join the Mikaelson Family. This evening at 7 o'clock. For Dancing, Cocktails & Celebration." I raised a brow.

I flipped the card over.

"Save me a dance, love. Love, Nik." I took the top off and my eyes widened.

My eyes snapped to his, "This is too much. I'll wear something else." He shook his head, "Wear that. You'll be the most beautiful one there."

I rolled my eyes, "Fine." I muttered. He smiled, "I'll see you there, love."

"Why do you do this to me?" I asked under my breath as he sped away.

My phone dinged.

Because I love you.