Chapter Two ❤️❤️❤️

Emma unlocks the apartment door, walking in with Henry and Nora trailing her.

"I have to get ready for my date. So, you two do whatever-" She stops herself. "Well not whatever- by whatever I mean videogames, not whatever." She says shaking her head. "Please no whatevering yet." Emma mutters under her breath and she heads towards her bedroom. Nora looks around, holding the collar of her black rain jacket like a security blanket. Henry plops his backpack down and takes Nora's from her to set down as well.

"Do you want a snack?" Asks Henry as he walks towards the kitchen. Nora hesitates still taking in the new setting.

"Oh uh yea! Sure! What have yea got?" She asks smiling as she slides into the stool at the kitchen island.

"Well we have pretzels, cheez-it's, apples, ice cream, gold fish, kit kats, twix, clementinesk-"

"Whatever's fine." She laughs at his endless listing of snacks. "But Ice cream sounds exceptionally good right now. Nudge nudge wink wink" She smiles. Henry laughs and opens the freezer pulling out double chocolate fudge brownie ice cream.

"And you just happen to have my all time favorite ice cream." Laughs Nora, her nose scrunching up slightly as she does so. Henry stands there watching her for a moment before shaking his head and grabbing two spoon. He stabs them into the ice cream and slides it across the island to her. Nora smiles widely as she wastes no time digging in. He walks around sitting on the stool next to her and digging his own spoon in. Sadly no one had ever warned Nora not to eat ice cream in public, because a few spoonfuls in she already had ice cream on the tip on her nose and her cheek. Henry fights back laughter as she hums happily as she continues to eat her ice cream. Henry rarely saw Nora happy at school, only on the rare occasions he caught her eye and he smiled at her first. But now sitting in his apartment eating her favorite flavor of ice cream, which he totally didn't stalk to her for to get that information, she looked happy as can be. Her eyes lighting up, and her lips set in a permanent chocolate covered smile.

Henry gets up after taking another spoonful and walks over to the paper towels to rip one off for her.

"Here, this might help." He laughs as Nora blushes, taking the napkin, trying to laugh it off.

"Is the damage that bad?" She says wiping her face, unaware of where the chocolate covers her face.

"Pretty bad." He laughs. "Wipe a little more to the left." He directs her as she wipes her cheek and she still doesn't get it. "Here let me just." He says grabbing the towel and wipes it for her and Nora's face turns even more red, because he's like .

"Ummm." Emma says walking back into the room to see Henry wiping Nora's face.

"Hey mom." Henry says as he quickly pulls the towel from Nora's face and tosses in the trash. "Just um having ice cream." He says sitting back down. Nora turns around to see that Emma has changed into a black dress, blacks stiletto heels, and an unfamiliar red coat. She gives her a shy smile of reassurance.

"I'm a messy eater." She says awkwardly.

"I can see." Emma replies. "And you can't wipe your own face?" She questions and Nora's eyes widen, hoping that Henry saves her from the situation.

"Yes she is capable mom, she just missed a spot. I thought it was gentlemen like to get for her." Henry says, coming in for the save that Nora needed. Nora looks over to Henry and mouths thank you. Henry nods in return as he gets up and walks towards his mom.

"Well I'm glad my child is being gentlemen like for once." Emma jokes. Nora laughs a bit at her comment and Henry just shakes his head.

"You look good for your date mom." Henry praises with a smile and Nora nods along.