Chapter Thirteen ❤️❤️❤️

Nora wakes up on a couch in the loft the next morning. She yawns, stretching her arms before confusion hits her.

"How-how did I get here?" She questions, remembering being on a park bench when she dozed off. Her eyes adjust to the bright light coming from the window to see the apartment is empty.

"Hello? Anyone home?" She yells out but no one responds. Great, they left her here. Nora stands and walks over to the kitchen. She grabs a bowl from the cabinet and a box of cereal. After pouring a generous amount, she opens the fridge to retrieve the milk. Once that is done, she opens the silverware drawer to see that there are no clean spoons or forks. She sighs looking for something else. On the other counter with the other utensils she finds the closest thing, a ladle.

"Oh well, fuck it." She says grabbing it and using it. The process was harder than she expected. She spilled milk and Cheerios all over the counter but she manages to get down a few mouthfuls. As she dips the ladle in for another scoop, she is interrupted by Emma and Henry bursting through the door.

"MARY MARGARET'S GOING INTO LABOR!" Henry yells at her. Nora screams, dropping the ladle, and spilling milk all over herself.

"We have to go, now." Emma orders.

"Um. What were you doing?" Henry asks, looking at the mess, walking towards her.

"Eating cereal! There weren't any clean spoons, okay." She says, turning a bit red from embarrassment.

"Why didn't you just rinse off a spoon?" He asks.

"I didn't think of that okay!" Nora says back.

"We will clean that later, let's go." Emma says urgently.

"Can I at least change?" Nora asks.

"No!" Emma says.

"Okay then." Nora mutters as she follows Emma. Henry shakes his head, before running upstairs, grabbing a random shirt, and running back behind them.

"Here." He said handing it to her.

"Thanks. How am I supposed to change though?" Nora asks.

"Just do it at the hospital." He replies as they file into the car.

"I'm no expert, but doesn't labor take hours? Why are we in such a rush?" She asks, shifting uncomfortably.

"Yes, but when there is an evil witch after the baby, I think that's a good reason to rush." Emma says, driving faster.

"Zelena wants the baby?! I'm so tired of her." Nora says annoyed. "Bitch." She mutters under her breath.

"Aren't we all." Emma says.

"You do know she's afraid of your white light magic stuff. Why can't you just zap her with it and be done with her?" Nora questions from the back seat.

"Because it doesn't work that way. Plus she's so hard to keep up with, she gets away before we can do anything. You're the one who's can heal yourself and blast her across the forest. You have been trapped with her for years why didn't you do it?" She replies.

"Because it doesn't work like that! I can barely use my powers!" Nora says as an excuse.

"Well we both have excuses then, kid." She says pulling in to the hospital. Nora grins and shakes her head as she clutches the shirt in her hands. They hop out before racing inside. Nora scurries behind them, looking around the hospital. She'd never been inside one before. Everything is white, oddly cold. The furniture is generic and there are a lot of doors to patient rooms, supply closets, nurse louge, you name it they have a door for it. It smells like they are drying to cover the sickness odor with chemicals and soap. Nora stops running to look out a large sky light. It's funny every thing else is lit by fake fluorescent light but then they have this one skylight as if teasing the patients with the outside world. Looking back down, she realizes too late that Henry and Emma had ran off without her. With a groan she starts walking, ducking around the corner.

"Just had to run, didn't they?" Nora asks trying to brush off her shirt, not seeing a bathroom anywhere. She flicks her hand, milk droplets flying to the floor.

"Excuse me, Miss?" Nora says to a Nurse who stands near by looking at a clipboard. "M'am?" She turns around, her red ponytail swinging to the side as she does so.

"Oh sorry, yes dear? Are you alright?" She says, her mouth pulling back in a strained smile.

"Uhh I was wondering where there is a bathroom I could use." Nora asks with a smile.

"Right down the hall and to the left." She replies looking back down at her very very important clipboard.

"O-okay." Nora says as she continues walking down the hall. As fate may have it there is no bathroom there, just an empty patient room. Nora muttering under her breath, peeks into the window before slipping in and shutting the door.

"Well if the nurse is going to lie to me, I'm going to change in here." Nora mutters as she pulls back the curtain and starts to pull of her shirt, but it sticks to her skin and she finds herself struggling a whole hell of a lot more than she planned.
"Gahhh." Nora mutters as she finally gets it over her head. With a sigh of relief she sits on the bed. She then goes to use the bed sheet as a towel to dry on her midsection when she hears the sound of a door opening and a bed being rolled in.

"Looks like you have a room mate, Mr. Chester." Nora's eyes widen as she scrambles to put the clean shirt on, almost falling off of the bed. Foot steps walk over to the foot of the bed.

"Funny, no clipboard." Says the nurse are Nora puts her head in the arm hole and has to re take it off and put it back on. As the curtain starts to get pulled back she straightens her shirt and pretends to be fixing the pillows.

"Oh uh, who are you?" Nora pretends to be startled by her voice.

"Oh sorry, just tidying up. I was volunteering today." Nora says with a smile as the nurse nods her head.

"Oh okay." She says before going back to Mr. Chester who is very very asleep. Nora, thinking she got away scot free, heads towards the door with a smile, the wet shirt in her hand.

"Oh uh, Honey, Since you volunteered today would you mind giving Mr. Chester here a sponge bath." Nora blinks from the petite honey haired nurse to the wrinkled old man whose breath was raspy. Her pager dings and dings and dings again.

"Oh shoot, I really have got to go, just uhh the wash cloth is in the bathroom, so is a bucket." And then she dashes out of the room. Looking between the door that apparently leads to a bathroom, and Mr Chester, who has drooled a little on his gown, Nora groans. Why her?

♥♥♥

Please excuse the absence of a sponge bath scene. I'm actually not to sure of the process required to do that, and I didn't want to look up how to give a sponge bath on google XD So you're just going to have to use your imagination! Anyway be sure to vote, comment, and share us will all the people, all of them. Read on, our flying fans!

-Xox
Claire and Alona