Chapter Ten ❤️❤️❤️

Zelena comes upon the young girl curled up under a tree, surrounded by blood. Her milky complexion gone to ghostly pale. Though most people who call for help, Zelena smiles, walking towards her. A soft whimper leaves the small teen's pale lips as Zelena bends down.

"Looks like you're already dying! Great that means less work for me." She laughs, kicking her with her boot. "Wake up, Runt. It's no fun to kill someone in their sleep." Nora is pulled out of her dark haze, pain replacing it and overwhelming her.

"Zelena? H-henry-" Nora tries to get out. She left to early. She should have stayed and helped. She failed again.

"Oh don't worry your little boyfriend got away-" She laughs. "But you're taking his spot." She uses her magic, lifting Nora off the ground and pinning her to a tree. Ropes appear from nowhere, holding her there. Not that Nora cares very much, she's just so tired. She can barely keep her eyes open.

"Actually I don't think I should call him your little boyfriend seeing as he seems to hate you." Zelena says hoping for a reaction but Nora is too far gone, her head bobbing. She's barely even awake let alone alive enough to be angered by Zelena's words. Zelena huffs.

"Well this is absolutely no fun." She says, tapping her foot.

Nora shakes with the effort to stay awake. It hurts to breath, to move, to think, to be alive. A sob leaves her mouth as Zelena wrenches back her wrist to an awkward angle. A sickening snap is heard and Nora cries out, her eyes shooting open. Tears leave her eyes like water from a hose and she tips her head back. Zelena laughs.

"Now that I have your attention, I'd like to let you know this is going to hurt you way more than it's going to hurt me." Zelena smiles as she wrenches her already injured wrist back even further. An even more tortured scream leaves Nora's mouth and she slams her eyes shut. She pushes against the tree but the ropes just tighten. Zelena smiles as she digs her fingers into her side, where the bullet wound is. Nora lets out a pained howl and struggles to get away from her fingers but they just press deeper into her side.

"When I'm done with you, you'll wish that Henry had died." Nora groans trying to think of something else, anything else. Every door she opens just leads back to the same thing.

"Monster, Freak, Useless, Worthless, Stupid, Runt"

The words go on and on and on, and they do little to dull the pain that Zelena inflicts on her. Though Zelena said she would regret Henry not being killed, she knew she never would. Even if Henry thinks of her as a freak and a monster, he has a family, friends, a life, a future to look forward to. What did Nora have? A 10 year gap in her memory, no family to be scene, no friends, and no foreseeable future. Even though she is tied to a tree being tortured by her kidnapper she wouldn't change a thing she did. Even when darkness creeps around the edges of her vision, and her throat is raw from screaming, even when her eyes are heavy and cheeks dry from all the tears; Nora remains sure she did the right thing. Embrace the pain, at least you can feel it. She thinks as Zelena laughs. Embrace it because you're alive to. Embrace it because it's what she doesn't want you to do. As Nora's vision fades to black and her screams cease, she can't help but think.

"Is this what death feels like?"

♥♥♥

After everything died down Henry finally got them all to listen.

"Killian accidently shot Nora is the chaos. I said something stupid and she flew off. And you heard Zelena she's going to go after her!" Henry says panicked. Emma lays a hand on his shoulder. "And what was she even doing here?" He adds as Emma shakes her head.

"It's a long story. We found her in Zelena's Cellar and we were keeping her at the station."

"You kept her in a cell!?" Henry says, his eyes wide.