Chapter Twenty-Six ❤️❤️❤️

Henry, Emma, and Mary Margaret sit next to Nora who was currently tucked in a bed, a hospital bed. The sound of a steady and constant machine beeps confronted the three as it confirmed her still being alive. Her hair is sprawled across the starch white pillows that matches the sickly pale color of her complexion. Her body is limp, including the hand that Henry clutches in his own. Her breath is faint, her dry lips just slightly parted as her eyes dart back and forth underneath her eyelids. The room had been silent since Doctor Whale announced he had no clue what was wrong with her, and Regina told them she most definitely not under a sleeping curse. Nurses came in periodically over the next few hours to check her vitals and Henry would always ask the same question.

"Is she going to wake up soon?" And the answer was also always the same.

"I don't know." Emma rubs her son's back comfortingly as Mary Margaret looks at the girl with worry. What if she never woke up? That was always a possibility. They were all starting to grown tired when Nora finally started to stir. Her awakening wasn't slow and graceful, more like being ripped away from one reality and set into another one. Nora shoots up, panting and sweating, the heart rate monitor spiking with a shriek. The three of them jump as they look at the wide eyed Nora who, rips her hand away from Henry in panic and presses herself to the backboard of the bed.

"It's alright, Kid." Emma says speaking first as she stands up to calm down Nora. Henry hops up as well as Nora catches her breath. He doesn't know what's going on but it doesn't look good. Mary Margaret calls for a nurse.

"Nora, what happened?" Henry asks immediately.

"I-I um." Nora says between deep breaths, finally recognizing where she is. "I just, um, blacked out and I don't remember anything after that." She lies, hiding the tiny bit of guilt she has from not telling Henry about the dream, well flashback she had. At least she thinks it was a flashback. It included the infamou, familiar name of Mabel and the lunatic by the name of Rumpelstiltskin. She almost cringes, thinking about it. Does this mean that Rumple was really apart of her past? Did he really know everything and... raise her? Nora stops her mind before it wanders further on the wrong path. If there is anything that she doesn't need right now, it's her finding out she had a terrible past or Henry finding out about her flashback. He would flip and basically force her to go to Rumple, which is something Nora does plan on doing for a long time. She wants to bury Mabel along with the rest of her past.

"Are you sure? You don't remember anything at all?" Henry asks, interlocking their hands.

"Yeah." She says relaxing her hand into his. She knows that sooner or later he would find out, and probably be angry with her. But that's just the price to pay for not really wanting to talk about it. Maybe he would never find out, as long as she can keep up this act and avoid the topic.

"Well what happened right before you passed out? Did you hit your head? Were you too hot or too cold?" Mary Margaret asks, trying to figure out how she passed out, feeling her forehead with the back of her hand as a nurse rushes in to check her vitals, before rushing out again.

"Nothing really. I just woke up and talked to him." Nora starts, "Well I did also have headache, maybe from stress." Nora says averting her eyes from Mary Margaret. Technically she wasn't lying.

"Well, you were knocked out cold, kid. Does this usually happen?" Emma asks, not sure if she should be truly concerned or shrug it off as just a one time occurrence.

"No, not for no reason." Nora shrugs.

"What do you mean no reason?" Mary-Margaret asks, always in concern no matter what.

"Well, when you are kept prisoner for years, under bad conditions, stress, and going a few nights with nothing to eat, you might pass out a few times." Nora explains, a little bit of sarcasm in her voice. Mary Margaret frowns, thinking of something that she could possibly say, without it sounding as if it is out of pure pity.

"At least we know those aren't the causes." The nurse says, finally walking into the room.

"Lets see, Nora?" She continues, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder. Nora nods as the woman turns to record the time of her check up. "You look much better than you did a couple of hours ago."

"So when can she be released?" Henry asks, eagerly.

"Well, although she looks alright we can't let her go just yet. I just have to do a few, basic things to test her consciousness." The nurse says walking over to Nora. "Okay, can you tell me what this says?" She says, holding up her hospital badge.

"Emily Rodgers." Nora answers.

"Good. Now Nora, what is the name of this city?" Emily continues.

"Storybrooke, Maine." Nora replies.

"And do you remember who all of these people are?" Emily presses on.

"Yes, that is Henry. And those two are Emma and Mary Margaret." Nora says, beginning to become annoyed with the basic questions.

"Good job! Now-" Emily starts before Nora cuts her off.

"Excuse me, but I can assure you that I am completely conscious. I remember everything that has happened before I passed out." Nora says to pick up the pace.

"Fine. If you say so, I will just check everything off. Not like anyone will know we skipped through everything. More break time for me. Well, your assessment is over and you are free to go. I'll get your discharge papers ready." Emily says before leaving.

"Wow, I didn't expect that to work." Emma says as Nora gets up, taking Henry's hand.

"Me either, but it was worth a try." Nora laughs, before they all leave.

♥♥♥

Only Mary Margaret, Henry, and return to the loft, while Emma skips out to go back to the sheriff's office.

"Well, I will try not to bother you two." Mary Margaret says walking upstairs with Neal. Nora goes to the other room to change into something more comfortable, just some baggy gray sweat pants and a white tank top after throwing her hair up into a messy bun.

When she walks back into the room she heads to the fridge.

"So, what do you want for lunch?" She asks, with a smile before hearing the door open. She turns to see Henry about to walk out the door.

"Actually, I was going to go out." He says.

"Oh, ok we can go out to Granny's instead if you want." Nora says walking towards him.

"No, I mean by myself. I have to go do something for my mom." He explains, and Nora's heart sinks.

"Oh. Okay, I just thought we could have lunch together after I just got out of the hospital." Nora explains, obviously annoyed and disappointed. How could he just leave right now? Out of all the times he has left her to go do something with his mom, why would he even try to do that now? Can't his mom wait until they at least have lunch? All of his time has been with Regina lately, and she can't help but be jealous and a bit angered.

"Well, you are fine right?" He asks, eager to leave.

"Yes, but-" Nora says, trying to explain but Henry cuts her off.

"Then, I can go." He says before shutting the door. Nora watches the doors shut with arched brows, a little stunned. She closes the fridge, and leans against the stainless steel appliance.

"Did he just really?" Nora says quietly as she stares at the cursed door, expecting him to walk back in and be like "Just kidding, Nor! I would love to spend some time with you!" Nora sighs when she realises that isn't going to happen and her eyes start to sting. She didn't want to be alone, because being alone would lead to over thinking her dreams- or if her theory is correct- flashbacks. She couldn't help but let her mind roam to the girl by the name of Elizabeth and the man Rumplestiltskin. With a shudder she vowed to stay away from Rumple, and any girl that looks like Elizabeth. With a nod of her head, and slipping on her brown leather jacket, she decides to get some fresh air. Maybe she could find some more trouble to get herself into.

♥♥♥
And here is the disappearing chapter XD Sorry about that guys! XD So yeah comment, vote and share XD Read on and stuff :*
-Xox
Claire and Alona