Quiet

This takes place in the human realm a bit after kings tide

Amity has been.. awful quiet lately.  She also has been zoning a lot.  Everyone else has been adjusting, and getting comfortable. 

I stare at her, she's frowning and, looking out the window, holding ghost.  She seems to be deep into her thoughts at the moment.. I walk over to her and sit beside her. no reaction, nothing at all.  I decide to lean on her, so I do.  I lean my head on her shoulder, and wrap my arm around her waist. "Amity.. Love?" She snaps back to reality, blinking and looking at me, quickly. "Hm.?" She hums, "If your comfortable telling me.. is there something.. anything bothering you?" I ask. she looks down, biting her bottom lip.  "Amity.." I mumble, carefully placing my hand on her cheek.

"Mhm" Amity, squeaked, trying her best not to cry.  I shift, moving into a more sitting position and Amity, turns to sit towards me. "Do you mind.. telling me what specifically is bothering you.?" I know she will stay quiet and let all her feelings build up most of the time. She tries not to show 'weakness.'  "Mittens?" Suddenly she broke down, and started to cry.

"I'm worried about my dad and siblings! What if th-they got hurt?! What if that god kid got them! You seen the way he turned belos into mush! What if they get really hurt or worse!"  I immediately hug her, I feel her tears running down my shoulder as she lays her head there. "I'm scared, Luz!" Amity said shakily, her voice is higher pitch. 

"Shh.. it's gonna be alright.. they are probably staying at hexside or somewhere safe.. where they won't get hurt" her grip tightened on my shirt, I've never seen or heard, Amity cry before.  It makes me want to cry. "What if they do get hurt.! I'll be alone! And-" I cut her off, stopping her from going on. "they will be fine.. look at me" she lifts her head from my shoulder, eyes red and puffy, tears streaming down her cheeks. ".. they are gonna be okay.. " I say softly, caressing her cheeks, wiping the tears away. "Do you wanna hug for a while or something to get your mind off of it.?" I ask kissing her tear stained cheeks.

"I don't know.. can you hold me please.?"  She asks quietly, more tears building up in her eyes. "Sure, love.." I wrap my arms around her waist and lay down, pulling her close, holding her.  Her face is hidden in my chest, I hear little sniffles every now and then.   "Luz..?" I look down at her immediately, "yes?" She grabs my hand before speaking again.  "Promise me they will be okay..?"  She mumbles.

"I can't promise anything.. but we can hope they will be okay" she then intertwines our hands together and relaxes. "I miss them." I stroke her hair gently, to comfort her. She slowly drifts to sleep in my arms and I hold her for a few hours.

I don't know how to end this so uh pow.
Also happy pride month 🫶