Under Current

There was blood under his claws again.

Not blood brother, it's just oil, remember. Sun soothed him from inside their head. It was their blood though, the closest thing that they had to blood. If they were ripped open, then the black liquid would spill from them the way blood would from a person.

"Close enough...what do you think she would think if she saw us like this, do you think she would ask, or would she make another convenient excuse for us?" Moon sneered into the dark underbelly of the plex. He was always like this when he woke up from a nightmare and you weren't there. Cruel in a way he had never been before, snapping and biting with every word. Saying things about You and about Sun that he would never even normally think.

It's okay, it's just the virus, brother. Once the nightmare fades, you'll feel better.

"You mean once I dismember enough of these old, outmoded models to feel something other than the overwhelming desire to keep ripping and breaking, until there is nothing left to rip or break then I'll feel better don't you, sunny?" He snapped back, looking around the disgusting garbage filled room he found himself in. He was reduced to this after all. Delving through the trash to find out modes to break apart until he felt himself come out of the fog.

Better them than one of our friends.

"Or starl-"

Stop that! His brother interrupted, a rush of static erasing the thing Moon had been about to say. You would never hurt her. You might hurt anyone else in this damned place, but you would never hurt her, and you would never hurt our kids. Those are just facts!

"...I...yeah I know your right...of course you're right." Moon replied stiffly. You had said something similar recently right.

"You would never hurt me."

Moon knew you were right of course; the problem came with the feelings. He could know that he wasn't going to hurt you and the kids all day long, but when he woke in the middle of the night with blood and bone fresh on his mind and the desire to break and punish thrumming through his code, he felt horrible, awful things.

He felt like he could hurt you, when you were sleeping so soundly next to him, your breath coming in slow calm waves, he had no choice when he was feeling like that. He had to pull himself from your warm embrace and leave to twist through ductwork and blocked off ventilation shafts until he made it to the underbelly of the plex, full of broken decommissioned staff bots. He was ashamed to admit but tearing apart the husks felt good.

They were already decommissioned, already dead, so it wasn't like he was killing them.

I'm just desecrating their corpses so that I don't have to feel like I'll disembowel my girlfriend.

"God that's a fucking normal thought." He mused miserably.

It's just a feeling though brother, and it isn't even real. It's- it's just the virus affecting your feelings. Like...like when humans are having heart attacks a symptom is impending dread. It's a symptom of the dying heart muscle...so you're feeling like you could hurt her or the kids...that's just a symptom of the virus, right? They're not real.

"There my feelings Sun and they feel real to me!" Moon practically growled, his angry voice echoing down long corridors piled with trash.

I...okay. That- I'm sorry I didn't mean to-to- umm...I can see how that would sound invalidating, but I didn't mean it that way. I...I know there your feelings, you are feeling this way, I just ment...there not coming from you. Sun hedged, sounding nervous as he shared his remorse in their mind so that Moon could feel that he meant it.