Quantifier

You crawled through the small tunnel into their bedroom. It was very dark, and you could only make out the general shapes of the furniture and the clutter that just seemed to accumulate in their bedroom. The general shape of their long body curled up on the bed stood out against the walls.

"Moon, sweetheart?" You called quietly, guilt gnawing at your stomach because you hated waking them up. Red light flickered on, lighting up the wall by the bed before turning to you.

"I...I had a bad dream, I was hoping that...umm maybe I could-" You tried to force out, stopping suddenly when he sprang up and with his long limbs pulled you across the room and into the bed.

"I told him." Moon huffed out, shaking his head and pulling you so close you were in his lap. You weren't about to complain though, because it meant that you could wrap your arms around the thin piece of metal that made up their neck and hid your face in their shoulder.

Told him?

"Did Sun want to leave me on the couch?" You asked curiously, keeping your head on his shoulder.

"He thought it would be better, but I told him that, even with the nightmares it would be better if you had someone next to you. He's been insufferable, but...nightmares are just nightmares, I know that...and we know you know that. They'll pass." He soothed softly, running his clawed hands over your hair. "Sun is just...well you know how he is. He wants to fix it."

"Yeah...my therapist suggested that maybe we should talk. I just...I guess old habits die hard and when I saw how much you were worrying about me, I didn't want to...to add to it or seem ungrateful...I just don't want to start a fight." You muttered softly, an embarrassed blush creeping up your neck.

"Why would it start a fight?" Moon asked just as softly, matching your volume the way only an AI could. His hands still brushed soothing lines over your scalp, so you got the impression he wasn't accusing you of anything, he was wanting to know what you were thinking. The only problem with that was-

"It probably wouldn't...not with you two. Which is I guess why I feel so weird about it. I know you wouldn't get mad at me for everything going on, but once upon a time ago people did. It's stupid. So...I feel bad that I'm making you feel bad." You forced out.

"You aren't making us feel bad, Precious." He attempted to assure you, you had to lean back so you could actually look at him when you explained it.

"I kinda am though. I'm making you worry about me, when I'm anxious or scared, or...when I wake up from a nightmare, I can see that you just wanna fix it and make it go away. I...I can see that Sun's shoulders sag when hugging doesn't make it better, and I can see how tense you get when I wake up next to you crying...So, I know that I'm making you feel bad and I want to, feel better so you won't feel that way anymore and were just...spiraling." You rambled.

"I...hmm, okay I see what you mean." Moon admitted, "but it's just because we love you that we worry...it's the times when you wake screaming our names. It hurts more then we can say...I at least understand that it's just dreams, but Sun has never had anyone be afraid of him before so it's harder for him...I mean it's still hard though because I never wanted you to...to-" His voice hitched, and you wanted to let him finish, you really did, but for just a second you were so overcome with confusion,

"Moon-pie babe...I don't.... why would I ever be afraid of you and Sun?" You had to ask, cupping his face plate gently.

"I...you're not, I know, not really of us. I know that, but...when you dream about us hurting people or...or you-"

"Moon, no." You interrupted, looking into his eyes pleadingly. "My nightmares are about you getting hurt. About you getting hurt so badly that there was nothing salvageable left, so badly that I couldn't fix you." You rushed tears collecting in your own eyes. You probably should have talked about it sooner. You had no idea that they would even assume that you were having nightmares where you were afraid of them.

The ABCs of Managing your Daycare attendant. (Sun/MoonXReader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें