Numerical

You stood for just a moment as security escorted the "Confused old man" out of the daycare.

Fucking faker. Bit back on your tongue as Rebecca cried against your shoulder. She was apologizing to you, and it just felt wrong as you rubbed her back.

"Rebecca, it's okay...it's well it's not, but you need to think of Dj, he's gonna want to know why mom is crying." You soothed gently, as she tried to collect herself. Then she disconnected from you when Sun reappeared to go and scoop up an oblivious Dj.

Wherever Sun had taken him it had been far enough away that he was completely unaware of the world imploding around the adults.

"They're going to want Moon to go and watch him while we wait for the cops to arrive." Sun said softly, making your chest ache.

"I...okay, that's...yeah. I won't be able to sleep tonight, so that's, just..." you trailed off nervously as he wrung his hands.

"I really don't like that you used my programming the way you did." He said, quietly.

You cringed, flinching away from the accusation. That had been exactly what you had done, but you thought you would have to talk about it at some later far off time. You didn't want to deal with it right now.

"I know. I'm sorry." You said not looking back at him, until the loud whirring of his fans signaled that he was right on top of you. You glanced guiltily up. He was standing at his full height, which for Sun was strange. Just another strange thing on top of everything else that day.

He hadn't even asked if you were okay, but you guessed he didn't need to. Because you hadn't asked if he was okay either, but you knew he wasn't. Knew that that was scary and a lot, too much really and...

He was hugging you.

"It's going to be alright Love." He whispered softly above you, barely louder than his fans.

"I know...I'm really sorry though." You replied, holding him so tightly that if he were human, it might have hurt.

"That's okay. The longer we're together the more likely we are to brush up against sore spots, offend, misstep...it happens. I'd suggest talking about it as soon as possible, but they really do need Moon. So, check out Dj. Clean up the daycare. We'll be back as soon as the police arrive." He assured you, kissing the top of your head.

"Okay. I love you. Be careful." You said again as he slipped out of your hands and through the maintenance halls, red eyes looking back at you once before slipping through the darkness to keep the boogeyman from getting away.

He didn't come back that night.

Moon slid through the dark halls, a predator on the prowl. He knew what he needed to do and for once he was grateful for the sick thrill the virus was pulsing through his system.

You wouldn't need the virus to do what we're going to do. Sun assured him, already starting to reroute some of the cameras.

"No. We wouldn't...it'll make it easier on my end though." Moon replied, walking into the holding room, a tall lanky wall of sharp metal to see the monster that haunted their precious partners dreams.

The monster that tried to take another of our little stars. Sun contributed, his own safety and childcare protocols itching, wanting to integrate with Moon's security protocols, but those functions had been temporarily disabled so that there was no risk of him integrating with any viral code.

Moon didn't say anything, he just stared as the human security staff left around him. From there he waited approximately five and a half minutes, while the prey tried to feign weak. It wouldn't work though, mainly because it didn't matter what was going to happen, was going to happen. It didn't matter if the prey was weak, or if he still had the use of the thick ropes of muscle that Sun had noticed tensing when the prey saw Dj.