31

Sunoo lowered his head and bowed politely while turning his heels and stepping outside the café. The chilly air engulfed his body, and he shivered in his half-sleeved tee.

The faded hue of the orange sky demonstrated the sunset painting of the sun coloring the clouds. It looked hollow, the wind whispered occasionally, and Sunoo felt exhausted after a long day of work.

He plugged in his headphones, tracing usual footsteps to his house. While walking, he glanced around the neighborhood and saw couples, friends, and families walking next to each other—talking with one another. Kids were playing tag while running around the playground.

'How nostalgic.' Sunoo thought. He dearly missed his parents. He wanted their warm embrace shielding him from problems; that's what parents are supposed to do. Bur not everyone is fortunate enough to have the same liabilities as others. They just have to learn to accept the truth and move on.

He kept walking, glancing around the area, but his steps abruptly came to a halt.

His thoughts were interrupted when he saw a familiar sight sitting by the grass, admiring the sunset.

'Riki? Sunghoon?'

He unplugged his headphones, searching for his queue to approach the two. 'It's really them!'

"Sunghoon hyung—Riki?! Are you both on a date right now?!" Sunoo gasped dramatically while pointing at the both, who seemed to be judging his entire existence.

"And what makes you think we are dating?" Riki questioned while glaring at the older, who was still standing in shock. "We were just relaxing because it's the weekend, calm your delusional ass down." Sunghoon replied while patting the space beside him. "Sit."

Sunoo was somewhat suspicious but decided to oblige anyway. "Where were you two that day? You usually never miss school, we were all worried." Sunoo asked, peering above at the fading sun.

"Riki decided to stay home. We spent all night playing games and getting to know one another."

(AN: For people who were confused over the chapter where Sunghoon and Riki spent the night together—they didn't do anything interrelated with making out or something. Instead, they spent the night playing games and getting to know one another.)

"And why would Riki do that all of a sudden? I mean, he barely leaves his house after getting home from school. Did his father allow it?" Sunoo bombarded the latter with questions.

"Hyung, chill. It was just something at the spur of moment, and I ended up staying over at his house. It's not a big deal, okay?" Riki reassured the older, who seemed to be having a crucial time overthinking. After hearing the reasoning, Sunoo seemed calm. He noticed this tension between the two—but he couldn't conclude what exactly was hiding between the two.

'Riki is definitely hiding something from me—Sunghoon clearly knows it.'

They sat on the grass field, obtained with silence, and simply stared at the vast sky.

"Hyung...can I ask you something?" Riki questioned, breaking the comforting silence. Sunoo glanced over, contemplating his decision. "Sure, what is it?"

"Is there... something going on between you and Heeseung...?"

Sunoo felt his body freeze in motion. He was lost at words; indeed, there were misunderstandings, conflicts—and this sort of tension between the two, and they were clearly aware of it.

"What do you mean?" Sunoo asked, sounding formal enough.

"Sunghoon hyung also noticed it." Riki's gaze flickered over to Sunghoon, who glanced at the younger. "Hyung, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me. We've been friends since I met you... you can tell us if you want." Riki told Sunoo.

Sunoo's gaze softened upon hearing the comforting words flow out of Riki's mouth. He truly is an angel, Sunoo thought. Sunoo glanced at Sunghoon, who was fiddling with his fingers nervously. He hadn't talked much. Instead, he looked perplexed–maybe frightened.

"Sunghoon hyung, you good?" Sunoo asked. Sunghoon slightly flinched upon hearing his name being mentioned. "Yeah, just kinda cold.."
He responded, resting his chin on his  knees and hugging them. Riki noticed and proceeded to pull his sweater off, placing it around Sunghoon to keep him warm.

Sunghoon slightly blushed but acted as if nothing had happened.  While they both were having their moment, Sunoo flickered his gaze between the both and smiled. 'Am I third-wheeling right now?' He thought.

"Is the ice prince actually cold? How ironic." Sunoo laughed, Sunghoon glared at the younger, giving him the side eye. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?! Am I wrong?! Right Riki?" Riki burst into laughter, nodding furiously. "Isn't he always cocky about himself being the ice price and everything? He's the only cold one right now." Riki added.

Sunghoon smiled. He felt glad to be with his friends; friends who made him laugh; friends who actually felt like friends, and friends who stayed beside him. He has always wanted that since childhood. Instead of a relationship, he wanted a true friendship that would last till the day he meets his end. He wanted a beautiful, comforting friendship that lasted forever.

The field was filled witht laughter and bickering for the rest of the hours passing by, and they all felt warm, even though the sky was blowing chilly winds, and the trees were gushing with the loud silence of air passing through.

Heeseung sat by the bench, watching  Sunoo laugh so heartfully. His lips formed a mesmerizing smile while hearing Sunoo's soft giggles. He would notice how Sunoo would push others while laughing, holding his chest to ease his breathing. He was such a cute, charming boy. Heeseung knew he regretted pushing him away. He shouldn't have avoided and ignored his feelings–at least, not for Sunoo. He would give anything to see him smile like that; he wanted to be the reason behind Sunoo's smile.

|   ☆ - Sorry, this chapter was kind of short. I have a freaking final on the last day of school 🙃 It's bullshit, and I didn't really feel like writing a lot since I am writing on my phone while laying sideways.

BUT anyway, this was a fluff chapter. There wasn't much interaction between the two MLS, but I hoped you enjoyed reading it! I'll update tomorrow or the day after--hopefully.