32

The colors of the sky could no longer be seen. Instead, the stars were shining in the void of darkness. The trio eventually felt exhausted and bid goodbye to one another, heading in the opposite direction. Sunghoon and Riki planned to walk together since Sunghoon insisted on dropping him off.

"See you later, hyung." Riki waved towards Sunoo, Sunghoon following along. Sunoo hummed in response, routing back to his house.

Both Riki and Sunghoon walked silently, finding the silence somewhat comfortable. Over these few days, Sunghoon has learned about Riki more than anyone—he honestly never expected to be this close with the younger, but life always has unexpected surprises, with some twists and turns.

"Hyung..." Riki muttered, staring at the concrete road ahead. Sunghoon glanced at Riki in response, waiting for him to continue. "My father insisted that I should move to Okayama... but I don't want to leave.."

"Why does he want you to move?"

"I don't know... I feel like—he thinks of me as a burden," he paused to glance at Sunghoon, "I do nothing here, he says I'm not capable for the business, so my only choice is moving to Okayama and living with my aunt, helping her out." Riki unknowingly pouted.

"Then stay. Don't leave. I don't want you to leave."

Riki halted. "But how? How can I convince him?" 

"You're gonna live with me; I'm turning 18 next year, I have planned everything out behind my father's back. I have worked jobs, saved up, and even found a place for us. So, don't worry. I'll provide for the both of us."

Riki stared as the older in perplexion, tilting his head sideways. "You knew this was gonna happen?" He asked. "Yeah, I mean, your father—my father—they think alike. I've learned everything from childhood, so I guess I am experienced." Sunghoon chuckled under his breath. Riki simply stood there, like a statue, admiring the older even more.

"Why are you lookin' at me like that? Is there something on my face?" Sunghoon asked, touching his cheeks and nose. "Yeah, I see nothing but hotness on your face." Riki replied, walking ahead, leaving Sunghoon stunned for a few seconds.

"Did you just call me attractive?! Hello?!" Sunghoon paced behind the younger who was speed walking, laughing. "You better stop walking fast, you giraffe ass."

Sunoo reached home. Another day has passed by, but there is still no sign of his parents anywhere whatsoever.

He contemplated whether or not he should call–message his parents since they have been away for so long.

The click of the lock flicked, and the door slightly hinged, a creak following along. He sighed in exhaustion and ran straight to his bedroom to finish his slumber from the morning that he missed out on.

He jumped flat on the soft sheets, reminiscing over the day. Every time he imagined Heeseung being near him, he would get butterflies in his stomach. This morning was something new for him, and he couldn't quite comprehend what Heeseung had planned.

'He's probably just playing with my feelings; he always does that. It's nothing new.' Sunoo thought. He was still dressed in his white tee, but his jeans were uncomfortable.

He took a quick shower, changing into a tank top with shorts covering his upper thigh. Sunoo's figure was quite muscular, and his shoulders were broad. One wouldn't expect someone as cute as him to be well-built—and well, very masculine. 

After heading outside the bathroom, he planned to pass out and sleep until the afternoon because of his shift.

"Is my phone dead—oh my god, I haven't even checked my phone since the morning..." He breathed an agitated sigh and jumped on his bed once again, ready to dive in his dreamland—but the noise of the bell ringing stopped him from doing so.

'Why does this seem like Deja vu?' He groaned, sitting up on his bed. He thought he probably heard it wrong, but his assumptions were proven false when he heard the chime of bell ring once again.

This time, he stood and walked to the living room. He wasn't sure if it was his mom because when he looked outside through the peephole, there was nobody. 'She's probably gonna surprise me again.' Sunoo was sure it was his mom, and his face was shining from elation.

When he opened the door, the shine on his face immediately disappeared. There stood Heeseung, with a smirk on his face.

"Took you longer than expected."