2

"Lee Heeseung, wake up! This is not the time to be sleeping." The teacher shouted in front of the classroom. Heeseung groaned and slumped back in his chair. "Detention after school!" The teacher rolled his eyes at him and continued the lesson.

Sunoo gulped, he felt someone's dark, piercing glare from behind. It was quite obvious since the only person who despised Sunoo was Heeseung. He tried ignoring the eerie glare and focused in front of the classroom, but the glare seemed almost never-ending. Sunoo's hands were visibly shaking–he was recoiling in fear as he grasped the wooden-chalked pencil and pretended to take notes.

"Make sure to complete the homework on page 57, chapter 5–or you're getting a straight F plus for your major." The teacher widely grinned as he collected his items from his desk. Sunoo gathered his notebooks and dashed out of the classroom. He could feel Heeseung's glare behind him yet again, but he ignored it and ran out of the school.

He started walking at a normal pace after he was at a specific distance from the school. He pulled his headphones from the side pocket of his bag and connected them to the phone and then plugged them in. He was walking to the nearest bus stop because his house was an hour away from school–if he walked. He started humming to the mellow-like tune while swaying his head from left to right, the melody of the song was so pure, that he closed his eyes and enjoyed the small moment of liveliness.

Music was the cure to his sorrow. Every time he wanted to cry, he thought about his happiest moments. He smiled when he remembered one of his childhood memories.

Flashback

"Mom, look!" Sunoo squealed while holding up his folded paper plane. "I built this myself! The teacher called me talented and amazing! What do you think?" He hopped while bringing the paper closer to his mom who was sitting on the table, filling out some papers.

"Aw, baby...it's so pretty, just like you. Sunoo-yah, can you build one for mom too? I'll keep it with me at all times," she leaned closer to Sunoo and lifted him up, causing Sunoo to yelp in excitement. She continued speaking, "and every time I feel sad or hurt, I will look at the plane you made for me, and smile because it'll make me happy." She gently ruffled his hair and pinched his cheeks. Sunoo giggled and hugged her.

This was his favorite memory. He missed his mother's smooth and gentle touch. It would feel comforting–soft and warm. His mom's touch was a comforting memory, he wished to feel it again.

He smiled and opened his eyes, observing his surroundings. He had reached the bus stop. He looked up at the sky and noticed the light hue of the sun setting. He fastened his pace and reached the bus stop in time, as the bus was close by already. He stepped inside the bus, greeted the old man, and glanced around the bus; there were some students from his school and some from the other school. The buses near his house were usually used packed with students in the morning and in the afternoon. He brushed off his thoughts and situated himself on his normal seat, located at the back near the window.

He continued listening to music on his phone, not paying attention to his surroundings–just then, he felt someone's presence near him, so he turned around and peered at the person beside him. It was a guy, he looked like he was in his teenage years. 'Is he my age?' He thought. Sunoo kept on staring at the dude, who seemed to be busy on his phone. The guy felt someone's gaze, so he diverted his attention from his phone to the boy beside him. The guy widened his eyes, as he observed the boy--though it was only for a few seconds, he felt lost in his eyes. 'Damn, he's too beautiful for a guy...' He could feel the butterflies flying in his stomach, so he quickly looked away.

Meanwhile, Sunoo was surprised due to the sudden eye contact. 'He looks like an asshole..' Sunoo grimaced at the thought, and just as his music stopped, a loud 'ding' could be heard beside him–then there was another one--and another. Sunoo flinched at the sudden ringing noise from beside him, he turned around and saw the guy's phone continuously ringing.

His Love alarm app was going insane. Sunoo internally groaned and scanned the bus–all the girls on the bus were staring at the guy beside him. 'I guess he must be popular around the girls.' Sunoo glanced at the guy, who seemed unbothered. 'Yeah, he's definitely used to all this attention.' Sunoo unintentionally chuckled under his breath and looked back at the window.

The sky still had a light orange hue glimmering, and the sun look beautiful. He wanted to open the window to feel the light breeze, but he didn't wanna bother anyone–and he didn't want attention from the others on the bus. But what Sunoo didn't know was that there was already someone who was staring at him.