7

"Kim Sunoo, solve this question." Sunoo jolted his head to see his professor glaring at him from across the classroom. He felt a wave of panic rush through his body; he started shaking, and his wrists were frozen–he felt sweat dripping. 'Shit, I don't know anything...' Sunoo wasn't paying attention since he was busy thinking about what had happened a few minutes ago. His legs were stiff as he stood up from his desk and walked over to the board at the front of the classroom.

"Uhh..." He grabbed the marker from the professor's hand and stared at the question. He couldn't even think about the question, as he felt everyone's eyes on him. He took a deep breath and inched his trembling hand closer to the board. He observed the question for a good 4-5 seconds and started solving the problem. 'If I divide this, with this, then it's most likely going to be 6.34. I'll do that.' He pressed the tip of the marker against the whiteboard and wrote: 6.34. He closed his eyes for a second, ready to be scolded but when he faced the professor, the professor didn't seem angry–neither perplexed. 'Was my answer correct?' Sunoo pondered and tightly closed his fists. His nails were digging into his skin–it was a habit that he had. Every time he would feel anxious or agitated, he would tighten his clutch around his palm, into small fists.

"Good job! I thought you weren't paying attention in class." The professor grinned as he faced the classroom. "Sunoo has shown us the perfect example of how to solve any question related to Trigonometry. A lot of people get confused about whether to multiply or divide in these situations, but Sunoo has given us the most reasonable and simple reasoning. You can go have a seat. Thank you." Sunoo felt the pure joy of happiness and glee when his professor complimented him since he barely got any. Sunoo bowed multiple times and nervously walked back to his seat. Just as he was about to sit down, there was a gentle knock on the classroom door. Sunoo was about to sit back in his chair, but he accidentally glanced at Heeseung–who was, of course, glaring at him. Sunoo quickly shifted his gaze away as he placed himself on his designated seat.

"Huh? Are you perhaps a new student?" The teacher asked while peering outside the classroom. "Ah, you must be Ni-ki?" The teacher politely smiled as he welcomed the said boy inside the classroom. There were whispers around the classroom, and everyone was on edge due to the sudden interruption and the boy, who was apparently Ni-ki. 'NI-KI! WAIT–IS IT THAT NI-KI–IN MAH CLASS?!' Sunoo gaped, as he covered his mouth with both of his hands. He leaned forward as he tried peering outside the classroom as well–but then the guy stepped inside the classroom.

Most of the girls in the class gasped. 'It's him! He's in my class!' Sunoo felt a wave of pure happiness and excitement when he noticed Ni-ki.

"Please introduce yourself." The teacher stepped back, near his desk as Ni-ki stood there, like a frozen statue, fidgeting with his fingers. He had terrible anxiety–he couldn't utter a single word, as he stared at his shoes. He nervously glanced up, and at that moment, his anxiety disappeared. He felt comforted. 'I'm in the same class as Sunoo?' He tilted his head and gazed at Sunoo, who had a small smile on his lips.

"Hello everyone, I'm Nishimura Riki, it's nice to meet you." He spoke up after the unnerving silence. The class cheered, and so did Sunoo–which Riki saw. He smiled as he glanced at the professor for further instructions. "Ah, yeah...hmm, you see that boy at the back, with an empty chair beside him–you can sit over there." The professor pointed toward Sunoo, which made Riki happy. 'My first day isn't so bad here.' Riki walked to the seat beside Sunoo, the girls were gawking as he passed by them. Sunoo slightly waved at him when he was beside him. 'He's saurr cutee.' Riki chuckled as he placed himself on the seat beside Sunoo. "Hey." Riki nervously spoke up.

"I wasn't expecting you to be in my class! Is this a coincidence?" Sunoo whispered, moving a little closer to Riki so he could hear better. "I didn't either, but at least I got a class with you. You're like the only person I know here–well, other than Jungwon." Riki whispered while slightly giggling.