27

The sun’s rays beamed lightly on Sunoo’s face, making the boy groan in irritation. He knew he had forgotten to turn the alarm on last night, which meant that he was most likely late for school.

He lazily crawled off the bed and headed to the bathroom. The events from the other night came flashing back into his mind like a movie scene, and his breath hitched. “Fuck. How am I gonna face him at school today?” He muttered under his breath while grabbing a fist full of his hair. “Should I skip school today…?” He leaned over the bathroom sink and stared at the faucet. He groaned when he realized that he had a major test. He decided to go to school because of the major test, which would highly affect his grade level at the moment.

He walked out of the bathroom, ready to leave pitch-silent house. ‘Kim Sunoo, you can do this. It’s another day in hell, but it’s alright — it’s just a a few hours.’ He didn’t bother having any breakfast, and dragged his feet on the concrete road leading to the school. On the way, he passed Heeseung’s ginormous mansion, and didn’t bother peeking a slight glance. ‘He thinks of you as a toy, Sunoo…nothing more. He hates people like me, he hates everything about me. Don’t overthink anything.’ He shook his head and steadily paced away from the sight.

Upon reaching the school entrance, his eyes unintentionally traveled to the senior’s section, hoping to find a certain someone who was usually sleeping — but the classroom was empty; the tables were neatly placed in their certain places, and not a single soul was present. ‘Wierd.’

Sunoo knew he couldn’t stop thinking about the older, so he didn’t bother trying to forget about him. ‘Where did everything go different? Why does my heart beat everytime I’m near him…?’ 

While pondering upon his thoughts, he hadn’t realized that he was standing right in front of his classroom door. He stepped inside the classroom, and only the early kids who were working–or simply sleeping were situated on their desks, mnding their business.

Sunoo placed his bag on the floor, and scrolled through Instagram in his leisure time before the class started.

_________

Heeseung slammed his phone aggressively because of the alarm blasting through the screen. He woke up late because he thought he wouldn’t go to school, but his father had somehow changed his mind.

There was a light knock at the door, catching Heeseung’s attention. His eyes roamed around the room until they were locked tightly on the bedroom door. “WHAT?” He shouted in return for a response from one of the maids. “Ah, Heeseung-ssi, your dad wants to talk to you in the office.” She answered back, and her footsteps marched away, each and every step fading away as she walked down the hallway.

He sighed and laid back down, staring at the ceiling above. “Fuck.” He mumbled under his breath. His chest felt tight as he sat up, and ruffled his hair. His phone was laying flat on the marble floor beside his bed due to the events from last night.

After talking with his dad, Heeseung headed straight for his room, not bothering to take his uniform off or take a shower. He threw himself on his bed, not minding the darkness enveloping his eyes — and fell asleep. His mind was blank. No thoughts; nothing.

Heeseung wore a black turtle-neck shirt, along with black denim pants — with a long, black coat. He stepped outside his room, and marched to his father’s’ office to hear another lecturing.

After knocking at the door once, he invited himself inside the office, and smoothly closed the door. “You needed me?” He plainly asked, situating himself on the seat in front of the office desk. “Yes, actually…” His father’s voice trailed off, as he clenched his fists together. “You were supposed to meet Wonyoung today, but—there was some kind of misunderstanding….she’s apparently seeing someone…” He glanced up at Heeseung with disappointment. He lost his biggest partner to another company, which would greatly effect his stock values, and the rest of his shares. He was supposed to collaborate with the company, receiving a total of $1.66 million, but the loss would bring his company down in two seconds, if he didn’t step up and do something about all the harms and fraud he has done. “You can go to school today. Find Wonyoung and talk to her, we need to collaborate with that company no matter what.”

After Heeseung’s chauffeur dropped him off in front of the school, he trudged to his class knowing that he had missed the first period, and was halfway through the second period. He didn’t bother knocking on the door, and dragged his feet to his seat,catching the professors attention.

The entire class turned their heads to face the older wearily slumping on the desk. “Heeseung, why are you late?” The teacher placed the marker on her desk and crossed her arms above his chest. “You do know that you have been late to school about 15 times already. What happened now?”

He raised his head up and blankly stared at the teacher. “My dad told me to stay home. Then he changed his mind.” He answered, leaning back on the chair, eyes darting straight at the teacher.

Sunoo felt scared facing the older. His mind was swirling with thoughts about what Heeseung would do to him today if he ended up running into him. He turned around and faced his open notebook, not bothering to look back at the older. His eyes drifted to the chair beside him — which was empty. ‘Where is Riki?’ He turned his attention , who was clearing her throat.

“Don’t let it happen next time.” She turned around, hands trembling. She grasped the white and black marker and continued teacher. Anyone could tell she was either flustered or she was terrified.

Sunoo didn’t want to glance back, but curiosity got the better of him. He slowly turned his gaze behind and silently stared at the older who seemed to have been zoning out. ‘He lookes terrible…look at all those dark bags under his eyes…’ His eyes traveled all over’s Heeseung features, as he felt a warm blush color his cheeks. ‘But…why does he look so hot….? — wait— what the fuck am I thinking?! I’m straight!’ He was about to turn away, but the breath inside his chest felt stuck when the older’s dark gaze landed onto his. Sunoo softly gasped, and immediately turned around.

Heeseung’s heard thundered for some reason, a reason he couldn’t quite comprehend. He felt someone’s soft gaze, so he faced the front and his heart went crazy when he noticed Sunoo’s fox-like eyes staring back at him. His breath hitched. He noticed the light hue of pink blush colored onto Sunoo’s cheeks, and felt his own body stiffen at the sight.
‘Ding.’ The loud noise erupted near Sunoo. It was his phone — the Love Alarm app had rung loudly, catching the attention of all the students, including the teacher.

The entire classed giggled and the hushed whispers of the annoying students suddenly erupted the room.

“Who’s Love alarm app rang?” The teacher asked, facing the classroom once again. In response, almost the entire class pointed at the pretty student sitting in the middle–back row of the class; Sunoo.

The class cooed when noticed Sunoo flusterdly shuffling inside his pocket to silent his phone. “S-sorry, I forgot to silence my phone…” He mumbled after turning his phone off.

Heeseung panicked. ‘Shit, did I just ring his Love alarm?!’ He placed a hand over his chest, and noticed his heartbeat unknowingly increasing. ‘What the actual fuck?! Why am I blushing?! Sunoo’s a fag—and I am straight!’ He pushed his table back and rose up from his seat, catching everyone’s attention.

“What now, Heeseung?” The teacher sounded agitated. “I-I need to go the bathroom..” He mumbled, pointing at the classroom door. “Could I go?”

Sunoo was beyond shocked to see Heeseung’s state. He looked flustered. Maybe, a bit nervous. The teacher heaved a sigh, and nodded. “Be back in a few minutes, you’re already late to class..” She turned around and continued the lesson while Heeseung paced out from the classroom, heading toward the men’s restroom located by the cafeteria.

‘I couldn’t have rung his love alarm—but I’m the only person 10 meters away from him.’ He slammed the door opened and halted when he heard faint mumbling coming from one of the stalls. It sounded as if someone was crying. The muffled sobs engulfed the bathroom into a heavy tension. 

‘Is that Jake…?’