10

–⋞ 〈 This chapter is going to be Heeseung's POV〉 ⋟ –

"Heeseung-ah! Can you come here for a minute? I need help with this!" Heeseung's dad shouted from across the study hall. Heeseung's ears perked at his father's call, he stood up, dropping all his toys on the floor and running outside of his playroom to his father's office. He ran across the fancy hallway of the mansion and reached his father's office. He tiptoed to reach the doorknob, and slowly turned it, revealing his father scurrying around the office room, trying to place everything back in the designated area.

"Heeseung, can you pick those clothes up from the floor–be quick, do it before mom gets home!" Heeseung's father hurriedly fixed his tie and picked up what looked unfamiliar to the little boy. Heeseung noticed the bottles of wine placed on the side table near the couch in the corner.

"Dad, did you drink? Were you feeling sad today?" Little Heeseung mumbled while helping his dad clean the unorganized room. "Mom said you drink when you are feeling sad, and that you shouldn't drink."

"Heeseung, just do what I tell you to do, okay?" His dad sternly spoke while gritting his teeth. "Don't tell mom about this! If–" He was cut off when a woman walked out of the restroom with a towel wrapped around her body.

"Ah! You're son's here...? Is your wife here as well then?" The woman eyed Heeseung as she walked over to the couch to grab her clothes–and that unidentified 'thing'. "Well then, I'll see you at the building," she winked and strode away.

"D-dad...who is she, and why was she not wearing any clothes?" Heeseung hesitantly asked dropping all the items he was holding. "She was my worker, she came to help me just like you, now hurry up and–don't you dare tell anyone about this, understand?" His dad rolled his eyes and continued cleaning, ignoring his one and only child who was on the verge of tears.

'Does dad think I'm stupid? He brings a new woman every week into his office–he asks me to clean his mess....if I don't he'll start hitting me.' Heeseung wiped his tears away and continued cleaning, not wanting to displease his father.

_____

"HOW DARE YOU?! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL HER YOU INSOLENT BRAT! YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS DO YOU NOW?!" Heeseung's father shouted while slamming the books on the floor. His heavy footsteps marched toward the little boy, he launched a hard slap across the little boy's face. " You asshole," he felt an excruciating slap across his face. "You think you can get away because of mom?" There was an echo of another slap across the room. "I'm not done with you, just you wait." His dad storms backward and grabbed a ruler from his desk.

"F-f-fathe..r, p-please...st–stop–p..." Little Heeseung begged for mercy, kneeling on the floor, he begged his father not to hit him. "A-appa, it hurts! Please stop!" He wailed in despair, his eyes were blurry because of the hot tears filling them, and his arms and legs felt sore due to the harsh and painful slaps. There were bruises all over his body–blood dripping from his chin. His dad harshly pushed him away, not worrying about the younger.

The rest of the night was filled with the loud, and agonizing screams and wails of Heeseung, begging his father for mercy and forgiveness–but no matter what, his father couldn't care less.

Heeseung jolted up from his sleep, panting heavily while tightly clutching his chest. There was sweat dripping from his face–his body felt hot–he felt death had taken a toll on him for a second. 'It was the same fucking dream again.' He heaved a frustrated sigh and plopped himself back to sleep, but no matter how much he tried, he couldn't fall asleep. He thought back to what had happened on Monday.

' "Sunoo, you're so pretty for a guy...sometimes I forget why I hate you so much. Don't distance yourself from me..." '

He leaned closer to the smaller boy and rested his chin on the younger's shoulder. Sunoo was left stunned, he couldn't move an inch. His breath hitched upon the sudden feeling. 'What–what is doing?' Sunoo thought and tried not to scream at that moment. Sunoo's back was glued to the lockers behind him, so he couldn't really do anything.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, so shut the fuck up, and stay still for a while." Heeseung's hot breath fanned Sunoo's neck, sending shivers down his spine. It was tingling on his skin–and Sunoo didn't know what to feel at that moment. 

After a while, the bell had rung, and Heeseung sighed and backed away–casually walking away as if nothing had happened.

"Agh! Why did I do that all of a sudden? Was I high or something?" He kicked his feet and hid his red face in his cool pillow.

Heeseung had been bullying Sunoo since middle school when Sunoo decided to try out for the dance team of the school. Sunoo used to be a little chubby, with cute puffy cheeks and a squishy tummy. He'd been shy all of his life, but his love and admiration for music led him to the dance studio of the school. He'd watch his favorite groups performing brightly on stage, and he always wanted to try doing that. His parents, of course, didn't know about Sunoo's dream, so they couldn't support him, but that didn't stop him. It was just him in the world–he had to learn to accept the sad truth.

He hesitantly knocked on the door and waited for a response–but there was nothing. He gently held the doorknob, slowly twisting it and opening the door, revealing a guy who looked like a sophomore undressing right in front of him.

"GAH–" Sunoo yelped at the sight, and Heeseung turned around, locking eyes with Sunoo. "Uhh, who are you?" The shirtless guy spoke up. Sunoo stood there like a rock, unable to utter a single word from his lips. "You mute or something?" Heeseung now started walking over to Sunoo and stopped in front of him.

"I-I'm Sunoo, K-kim Sunoo! I'm here to try out for the dance team."Sunoo mumbled, stumbling on his own words. Heeseung just stood there in disbelief. "You? You wanna try for the dance team?" He covered his mouth in surprised and eyed Sunoo from head to toe. "Look at your weight first–and are you a girl or something?"

Sunoo felt a burning sensation of pain aching through his body. He was used to all the comments and slurs about his weight, but the question had left a cracked scar on his heart. "I–what do you mean...what's wrong with my weight?" Sunoo wanted to cry, he wanted to punch Heeseung, but he knew he wasn't strong enough to do so.

"This kid...aish." Heeseung scoffed and slammed the door shut behind him, pinning Sunoo to the door. "Look here, pretty boy, this is not a game–and you–don't belong here. Get lost before something else happens here." Heeseung inched closer to the younger's face, piercing daggers straight into Sunoo's brown eyes. Sunoo's breath hitched upon the distance–and he was left speechless.

"I–I can't do that! I'm here to try it out! I've always wanted to dance and sing." Sunoo attempted to sound confident, trying  to stutter but did so anyways. "Please let me try it out..." Sunoo mumbled, not daring to gaze away from the latter's eyes.

"PFFFT–that ambition is so cute–I'm wheezing. Yah, you're really cute." Heeseung continued snickering while backing away from the younger. "Well, little girls like you don't belong here." Heeseung glared at the younger and pushed him onto the floor, towering over him. "Get.out." He sternly muttered and walked away, leaving Sunoo in front of the door.

Ever since that day, Heeseung had made Sunoo's life living hell.