3

Sunoo fluttered his eyes, as he felt the sun rays shining upon him. The curtains were swaying due to the morning breeze. He tossed and turned to return back to his dreamland, but decided to wake up since the sun has already decided to wake him up. Glancing around the room, he saw his bedroom door open. 'Did mom and dad get home last night?' He ran a hand through his hair and stood up, checking his phone for the time. '11:34 a.m.' After placing his phone down on the nightstand, he brushed his teeth and took a shower.

While he was in the shower, he could hear the faint noise of his phone constantly ringing inside his bedroom. "Shit, who's calling me now? It better not be those motherfucking scam likely calls, or I'm gonna smash my phone–wait I can't...I don't have the money to buy another one..." He muttered while heaving frustrated sighs. He hastily showered, dressed up casually, and ran outside the bathroom to see the caller. When he opened the phone, he saw a message from his mom on the lock screen. "Ah, why did she have to call me now?" He opened the message and responded back to her.

Mom🥰

Sunoo baby, we came home last night to check up on you!

There's some leftover tteokbokki in the fridge. 🤗

Mkay mom thx for dropping by last night

I'll eat the tteokbokki and refill the fridge

bcz we need groceries as well!💞

Okay Sun, thank you for understanding

We love you so much, don't ever forget that

And if there's something going on at school, don't

hesitate to tell us okay? I love you bby 💝

He smiled and ran outside his room to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and saw the mouth-watering tteokbokki stored inside the fridge. The food was covered in plastic wrapping, protecting it from germs–he immediately grabbed it, unwrapped it, and microwaved it.

"Mm, it smells so delicious–I feel like shitting tears right now." He bolted to the drawers inside the kitchen and aggressively snatched the chopsticks.

"Yah, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me in the morning." He grinned from ear to ear. He hasn't had tteokbokki in so long, since he was so busy studying and making money at the same time–which his parents had no clue about. He wanted to help them and not be a burden, so he did everything he could to be helpful–though, he was surprised they haven't noticed it yet. After finishing up his breakfast–and licking his chopsticks–he grabbed his hoodie, his phone, and the house keys. He locked the house and started walking to the nearest grocery store–which was a 12-minute walk from his house. When he opened the phone to listen to music, his eyes instinctively darted toward the time and the day. It was 12:13 p.m. and Saturday.

"Would the grocery store be open today? I mean, yeah it's open–but this early? I don't know, whatever...let's just see whether it's open or not when I get there." He mumbled while placing one of the headphones in his ear, and letting the other one hang loose because he wants to be aware of his surroundings while walking.

끝은 어딜까 달려 보지만

In the mirror 속의 미로

보호란 통제가 날 가두고

아파도 더는 투정 부리면 안 돼

나를 꼭 감춰둔 세상, 세상

Please don't give up on me

We'll be going up 넘어지지 마

In the mirror 속 네 위로

커다란 틀에 날 맞추기엔

여전히 작고 작은 것만 같은데

나를 좀 찾아줘 제발, 제발

거울 앞에서 난 또 굴복해

여긴 너무 컴컴해

여리기만 한 내 어깬

숨지도 펴지도 못해

미로 속 끝에 미로 속 끝에

거울 저 편에 저기 저 편에

나를 찾아줘 제발, 제발

Please don't give up on me–

His music was interrupted when he felt a sudden push from behind. He winced in pain, as he turned around and was about to lash at the person who pushed him–but he immediately halted.

It was Heeseung. He smirked, and let out a croaky chuckle. "What are you doing in front of my house? He leaned down and crouched in front of the said boy. "Were you trying to spy on me?" He continued and inched his face closer to him. "N-no..I was just walking to the grocery store...an-and I-I didn't even notice your hou-house..." Sunoo nervously mumbled, struggling to be formal enough with his words. "Ah, I see..." Heeseung was still crouched in front of Sunoo. He pretended to think about something, completely ignoring the boy he just pushed. He then glanced back at Sunoo, a playful smirk plastered on his face. Heeeseung firmly grabbed Sunoo's wrist, causing him to yelp in pain because of the tight grasp. "You're coming with me, I couldn't see you yesterday because you decided to run off without me." He assertively pulled Sunoo up and dragged him along.

"H-heeseung, please stop you're hurting m-me..." Sunoo wiggled his wrist under Heeseung's grasp, but Heeseung didn't care–not a slight hint of worry was present. For Heeseung, he was just a toy to play with since he was bored with his life. Seeing Sunoo cry and wail excited him–he was crazy for him, but he didn't know that.

Heeseung pushed Sunoo against the wall and pinned both his arms above his head. "What did you just call me? Heeseung?" He scoffed and rolled his eyes. He continued, "Do you have no fucking respect for your senior? Did your parents not teach–oh wait, your parents were never there to teach you manners in the first place, they were busy working their asses off to pay the bills and feed you because your pathetic ass needs support. You faggot." He tightened his grip around Sunoo's arm and inched even closer. " You're such a pretty little boy, you probably are a faggot–why don't you have a boyfriend yet, you little faggot? Hmm, nobody wants to date your pathetic weak ass anyways." Heeseung spat on his face and punched Sunoo in the stomach, causing the latter to groan in pain as he felt the ground beneath him.

Sunoo felt like he was going to pass out, but he had to stay strong. He coughed saliva and tried standing up, but this time, Heeseung had kicked Sunoo in the stomach. 'I'm gonna pass out–I can't pass out, shit...Sunoo don't give up..,ju-just breathe..."