3.6

Olivia walked down to the main living room where the TV was on.

They and Steve catch Wanda watching a news report on the Lagos attack and how they blamed her for it from her room.

-11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria, last month- one news anchor said -The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred.

A dark skinned man appeared on the television.

-Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil. Not only because of the actions of criminals, but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent, is no victory at all- he announced.

Steve, who was watching the news, turns his computer off, but sound drifts toward him from another room.

-They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these- another TV news anchor said.

Wanda is sat on her bed, watching the news on her TV.

Olivia and Pietro stood behind the door as Steve opened it.

The TV turns off and Steve sets the remote down and leans on the door frame.

Olivia brings Pietro with her by grabbing his wrist.

-Don't listen in on this- she told him -She needs him to talk some sense into her.

Pietro followed Olivia out into the kitchen. Olivia saw the male was restless as his foot tapped on the ground at near super speed and he had his arms crossed over his chest.

-I do not like this- he mumbled.

-Look Pietro, if you are upset, your sister will be upset- she told him while she went on to take out her 'private' smoothie from the fridge -So just calm down and go take a quick shower- she said since the speedster had not had time to do so due to how he felt about his sister being so down.

-A 'quick shower' huh?- the male smirked ever so slightly.

Olivia's hair flew back behind her as she was hit by the gust of air he created. Not five seconds later Pietro Maximoff was already in front of her. Hair dripping wet and a new set of clothes on her.

-There draga, a 'quick shower'- he said, regaining a bit of his previous attitude.

-Yeah, yeah- Olivia smiled, glad he was already feeling better.

She looked down to where she had her glass set down only to find it gone and in the hands of the man in front of her.

-Really?- he shrugged while chugging more of the drink.

-Thank you- he said after he was done with it.

-That was not very nice- she said with a raised eyebrow.

-You want to see nice?- with his smirk widening he leaned closer to her.

Olivia remained in place as he got closer to her. He cornered her against the counter with his arms placing themselves on either side of her and her arms holding herself upright against it.

-I do- she said, edging him on.

-Then I will show you nice...draga- his smirk turned into a soft smile.

Just as he started to lean in further, Vision came into the room.

-Olivia, Pietro, Mister Stark is here as well as the Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross- the red man said.

-We're coming Vision- Olivia pushed Pietro aside who looked more than miffed at the intrusion.

While they followed Vision to the room everyone was in, Olivia could hear Pietro muttering curses in sokovian behind them which made her chuckle.

ф

The Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross, was standing at the head of a table. Rhodey, Natasha, Steve, Tony, Sam, Vision, and Wanda are gathered around. Olivia and Pietro sat down at their own seats besides each other at the table and waited for the man to speak.

Olivia began preparing herself to completely ignore the man.

The Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross has summoned the Avengers to a meeting.

-Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass...I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me...- Olivia didn't bother to hold back the yawn as the man spoke -...Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives...but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some- the man glared at the group -...who would prefer the word "vigilantes".

-And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?- Natasha asked as she crossed her arms.

-How about "dangerous"?- the man growled -What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?

Ross activated a screen behind him. News footage from past Avengers and SHIELD matters flash on the screen as he speaks.

-New York.

A Chitauri leviathan. Terrified citizens. A soldier firing a gun and the Hulk smashes into a building and sends a dust cloud to engulf the camera.

Rhodey looks regretful and he glances behind him at Natasha who had a deadly look in her eyes.

-Washington DC- he passed to the next slide.

The three Insight helicarriers, firing on each other. The destroyed Triskelion. A helicarrier crashing into the Potomac and throwing up a massive wave, engulfing citizens and the camera.

Sam looks down in shame.

-Sokovia.

Terrified citizens, running. The city rising. A building falling over. Wanda stares at the screen, as does Tony. Olivia saw the regret coming back to her friend's face and pushed her foot against hers under the table receiving a grateful look from the girl.

-Lagos.

The burning building. Paramedics moving a body. A dead girl. Wanda is particularly affected by the footage from Lagos. Steve sees this and intervenes.

-Okay. That's enough- he told the man.

-Maldito tiburón- Olivia muttered under her breath (Damm shark).

Secretary Ross nods to an aide and the images disappear.

-For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution- he places a thick document on the desk and passes it to Wanda, flinching back slightly as he gets a glare from both Olivia and Pietro when he did so.

An aide hands the man from the government a thick book, which Ross slides across the table to Wanda. She picks it up, then slides it to Rhodey.

-The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries . . . it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary- Olivia seethes as he explains it.

-The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that- Steve informed the man.

-And more- Olivia said as she referred to all other things they had done apart from saving the world more than once.