3.5

Ж

The red haired woman tackled one soldier and engaged him in combat, shoving him back with a punch to the chest. When the other soldier arrives with his gun loaded, she hurls a basket at him to distract him.

She does her signature move of jumping onto one's shoulders, wrapping her legs around him and swinging back to make him unbalanced and fall onto his colleague.

After a bit she ends up face-to-face with one lone soldier. They point their guns at each other. A moment passes. Then, the other soldier produces the vial from his pockets.

-Drop it. Or I'll drop this. Drop it!- the man she had previously thrown said.

-He'll do it!- the other confirmed as he kept his gun aimed at her.

Redwing descends and fires at the soldier with the vial making him drop it, and in the moment of distraction, Natasha fires at the other soldier, then catches the falling vial before it hits the ground.

-Payload secure- she announced -Thanks, Sam.

-Don't thank me- the man said as she looked to the drone.

-I'm... not thanking that thing- she shook her head.

-His name is Redwing.

-I'm still not thanking it.

-He's cute. Go ahead, pet him- Sam smirked from his end.

Ж

Steve and Rumlow are still fighting, neither one seeming to have the upper hand as they kick each other to the ground and then get back up as the other kicks the otheryou get it.

-Come on!- Rumlow shouts.

He throws a punch at Steve who blocks it only to get headbutted. Rumlow pins Steve to a building and extends a blade from one of his gauntlets.

-This is for dropping a building on my face- Steve dodges the strike making the blade embed itself in the wall and grabs Rumlow's arm, pulling the gauntlet off, only for Rumlow to reveal another knife. But Steve bests him after a bit. Defeated, on his knees, Rumlow removes his mask, revealing a scarred face from the burns he had sustained and the damages from the Winter soldier thing.

-I think I look pretty good, all things considered- the man said as he panted from exhaustion.

-Who's your buyer?- Steve said as he pinned the other man down.

-You know, he knew you. You pal, your buddy, your Bucky- the other man seethed out.

-What did you say?- Steve glowered.

-He remembered you- the other continued, knowing how the captain was feeling about his old friend being found -I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, "Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go." And you're coming with me.

Rumlow activates his bomb vest and Steve flinches as Rumlow's armor ignites, but Wanda keeps the blast contained around Rumlow who grimaces in agony. Olivia tried to go forward to help Wanda out, some way, only to be kept back by an arm around her waist.

-Let go!- she shouted to the silver haired speedster who was keeping her back against his chest.

-She can take care of it draga- Pietro said into her ear while she continued to struggle against him (darling).

Wanda lifted Rumlow into the air before she loses control, and the explosion finally blossoms, devastating entire floors of a nearby office building.

Olivia gets ride of Pietro's hold too late but soon enough to go over to Wanda who sees what happened and looks scarred by it. She grabbed the young red haired woman and brought her back with her as she tried to calm her down.

-Oh my- Steve stares up at the mess caused by Rumlow -Sam...We need...Fire and Rescue...on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there.

Ж

Tony was standing on a stage in front of a large crowd. A sign reads MIT Alumni Honors: Tony Stark.

-Help me out, what's the MIT mission statement? "To generate, disseminate...and preserve knowledge. And work with others...to bring it to bear on the world's great challenges"- he quoted -Well, you are the others. And, quiet as it's kept...the challenges facing you are the greatest mankind's ever known. Plus, most of you are broke.

The crowd chuckles at his statement.

-I'm sorry. Rather, you were. As of this moment...every student has been made an equal recipient of the Inaugural September Foundation Grant. As in...all of your projects have just been approved and funded- Tony continued with a flourish of his arms to the crowd.

The crowd breaks out in applause and cheering as the many students in the crowd stood from their seats to do so.

-No strings, no taxes...just re-frame the future! Starting now- Tony announced much to the elation of them all.

The teleprompter above the audience read 'Now I would like to introduce the head of the foundation: Pepper Potts.' making Tony stare at it sadly as the woman's name appeared on screen.

-Go break some eggs- he says before he exits the stage.

Ж

Olivia helped Wanda into the quinjet and sat the poor traumatised girl down as Natasha started up the ship.

-Easy there Wanda- she helped her sit down gently before she herself sat besides her.

-Sister?- Pietro went to talk to his sister but was stopped by Olivia who shook her head at him.

With a dejected air the male Maximoff dropped onto the seat on the other side of his sister, trying to make a grab at her hand.

-Once we are back at the Tower, you all go get cleaned up- Steve said as he stood and grabbed onto the quinjet's railings -Take it easy- he said that while throwing a look at the Scarlet Witch.

Olivia looked over at the woman who was staring at the floor of the airship and grabbed her other free hand. The woman didn't even acknowledge it.

ф

Olivia went directly to the shower after they arrived at the compound since she wanted to wash off all the remaining gas that could have seeped into her suit. When she got out her hair was damp and in loose curls down her back. She was wearing a towel over her shoulders and was occasionally wiping her wet hair to keep her white shirt from getting wet as well.

Pietro met her outside her bedroom and followed behind her.

-How is your sister?- she asked him.

-Sad- Pietro said with his accented voice -I do not know what to do draga- he said sadly (darling).

-She's your sister and I get that you feel bad...- Olivia said -...but you have to let her deal with this on her own. She has us here for her.

-Alright Liv- Pietro said despite himself.

Olivia walked down to the main living room where the TV was on.

They and Steve catch Wanda watching a news report on the Lagos attack and how they blamed her for it from her room.

-11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria, last month- one news anchor said -The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred.

A dark skinned man appeared on the television.

-Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil. Not only because of the actions of criminals, but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent, is no victory at all- he announced.