1.7

Fury finally demonstrated some sort of emotion when his only eye widened in surprise now that he saw that what the teenager had said was the truth. He rubbed a hand over his face. This was going to be a long few weeks.

Banner and Stark are working on tracking the Cube. Banner is scanning the scepter with a device while Stark was working on a screen.

-The Gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process.

-If we bypass their mainframe and direct route to the Homer cluster we can clock this at around six hundred teraflops.

-All I packed was a toothbrush- Banner joked with a heavy sigh.

-You know, you should come by Stark Tower some time. Top ten floors...all R and D. You'd love it, it's a candy land- Tony giggled a bit.

-Thanks but...last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem.

-Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension, no surprises.

He zaps Banner in the side with a small stick.

-Ow!- Bruce winces at the slight pain -Hey!

-Nothing?

Steve approaches them as he had seen what Stark had done to the doctor.

-Are you nuts?

-Jury's out!- Tony turns to Banner -You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, huge bag of weed?

-Is everything a joke to you?

-Funny things are.

-Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, Doc.

-No it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things- Olivia arrived in that moment, kind off pissed that Steve would be so tactless towards such a big issue.

-You're tip-toeing, big man. You need to strut- Stark smiled when Olivia's lips twitched into a small smile she tried to hide.

-And you need to focus on the problem, Mister Stark- Steve retorted.

-You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us in? Why now, why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables.

-You think Fury's hiding something?- Steve questioned.

-He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets- he gestures to Banner -It's bugging him to, isn't it?

-And with good reason- Olivia mumbled to herself.

-Uh, Aah, I just wanna finish my work here and...- Bruce being the pacifist he was tried not to get involved in the two grown men's petty discussion.