Fourteen |

Map if anyone was interested:

Fourteen |

            Thank the Goddess that Aldrich has a tub in his room. After standing in that pond for what felt like all of eternity and with no luck of activating my gem altercation abilities, I climbed out of the pond and discovered Orris was a liar. The man refused to dry me stating, "only those will success deserve assistance drying off" in that stupid voice of his. So, being as soaked as a water nymph, I returned back to my room where I pulled off my wet clothing and immediately sank into the steaming bath that someone had prepared in my room.

            I moaned softly, allowing the hot water to loosen my tired bones, the familiar scent of spices wafted from the water. At least it wasn't the terrible smell of bitter herbs that the pond had. I poured the scented oils belonging to Aldrich into my hand before scrubbing them into my hair. It felt nice, it felt as though my brown locks could be washed of their mud colour.

"I like the colour of your hair."

My actions paused as I turned my head to see Oberon sitting on the windowsill with his food up. He rested his elbow on the bend of his knee and in his palm his face. I merely dropped my gaze. It was the strangest thing but I felt comfortable with him. Perhaps it was because he saved me at my worst but I knew body and soul would always be safe in his presence.       

Which made being angry at him a difficult chore.

"Why did you come back?" I asked softly.

He looked beautiful dressed in his feathers. His horns poking through those soft, dark locks.

"Why wouldn't I come back?" he replied, his eyes moving across my body before he quickly looked away, a tinge on his cheeks, "I've been waiting for you to be alone. It wasn't my wish to hurt your heart."

A small smile passed my lips and I sank deeper into the tub. Today had been exhausting.

"Could my Father use the gem altercation ability?" I asked instead.

He nodded, "He could."

"But he didn't," I recalled him using roses, not gems, "Why?"

"The ability was stolen the be fae. He didn't wish to use a stolen ability."

"Stolen?" I echoed with surprise, "How?"

"You're not asking the right question Darling," he mused.

I smirked slightly, "Then what's the right question?"

"I can't tell you that," he replied with a small tilt of his lips, "I can only give answers."

"Who stole a fae's power?"

"Not that one."

"How did they steal it?"

"Closer."