THREE |

THREE |

"H-Have I committed a crime?" I whispered softly. 

He blinked, "No not at all."

"Then what does the royal city want with me?" I demanded, the confusion blinding any thoughts to be polite towards the eldest son of the King, "W-Why? I'm no elemental, I can barely gather honey without hurting myself." 

He eyed the dripping bag of honey, "I can see that."

"So?" I demanded again. 

His eyes crinkled with amusement, "Well, I think someone wants to see you."

I breathed out, a pain in my chests. 

Oh god, how horrible had Fionn died that they wanted me to go to the king himself. Or maybe Fionn had done something horrible that the king himself wanted to torture me for information? A bitter laugh tumbled out of my lips. It didn't matter, at least that would drag me out of this cursed village. 

"A-Alright," I said slowly, "I'll go with you." 

He smiled, his hand held out towards me, "Adventure awaits Lady Roisin?"

His own politeness was a laugh. I looked back towards my hut, where Mama's body was buried right behind. Life went on, I reminded myself, and then I looked back to Prince Bram and took his hand. Somehow and some way, life would continue to go on. 

The ride towards the royal city was horrible. 

The roads were dirt and with every rock, my butt ached. Not to mention my legs went numb hours ago and my fingers white from grasping the horses mane. Prince Bram made small talk with me, but I was still confused and ignorant to everything going on that I didn't reply much to his questions. At least he let me keep the bag of honey, tying it to the saddle. The outside of the cloth bag had become hard, which stopped the honey from leaking anymore. Not that it would serve me any good in the city. I was sure honey was a common item there. 

"Have you harvested honey before?" he tried again. 

I shook my head, "No. Never."

He whistled in awe, "That was really brave then. Did you get stung at all?"

"Once." 

"What do you like to do when you're not harvesting honey? Any hobbies?"

My shoulders shrugged, "I like the forest." 

"You like the forest, climbing trees and collecting honey?" he laughed, "Sounds like an earth elemental to me. Are you sure you can't grow flowers either?" 

I perked up at that, suddenly interested, "An earth elemental?"

"Yup," he popped the 'p' before he steered his horse down a road, towards a small inn that was built on the side of the road, "We'll rest for the night, then we should get to the city before the sun peaks, if that sounds good with you my Lady?" 

"I-I don't have any money," I replied quickly, "I only have my honey. I-I didn't take anything with me. I don't have anything I mean. This is really my only good dress too, I guess it was good I wore it today your highness." 

He chuckled, "Do not worry, I have plenty of money. I shall see if the inn keeper has any spare clothing as well, I am sure you do not want to reach the city in those garments."

My face heated with embarrassment and I nodded. Lucky for me, the elder prince did not seem to notice and we moved forward. He stopped his horse at the horse railing before muttering about checking in first. I stayed on the horse, not wanting anyone to see my dress, suddenly feeling like garbage. As he went inside, I turned my attention to what he had said earlier, I could be an earth elemental? Excitement sparked inside me at the thought. Even if it was not true, I wanted to try and spark some sort of possible magic inside me, if that happened then maybe the king wouldn't want to torture me. 

Instead, he'd let me train as an elemental!