Last Night - Chapter 17

"bye Niall." i said laughing.

"stop saying goodbye, it's not funny."

"i'm just practicing for tomorrow."

"i'm not even ready to say goodbye to you. people are gonna miss you. I, of course gonna miss you the MOST." Niall said frowing, looking really sad. i just keep looking at his eyes, knowing that i'm not gonna see it for a while.

"we're gonna see each other everyday after x-factor alright? we just need some, time. i guess.." i said packing my bags, looking at Niall who is laying on my bed.

"you're gonna miss me, don't you?" Niall said jokingly. i laughed.

"i'm gonna miss you the most, okay? i mean, we just got back to being friends again and why is this world's so cruel!" i said folding my clothes.

"i know you're gonna miss me." Niall said standing up. "cmon, we still have 10 hours before you go."

Niall grabbed my hand to stop me from packing all my stuffs, he dragged me around like i was some kind of dog who is getting trained. us, diversity girls, have some time that was given by Simon to pack all our stuffs until tomorrow noon, and to say goodbyes to others. us, the contestants who goes home, always got these times.

Niall dragged me into the kitchen, grabbing all his favourite foods and sodas. he handed me his phone to make sure it won't fall, because he's just wearing a long sleeping pants right now.

i took a peek at his phone, and i saw a picture of myself and him eating ice cream as the lock screen. i smiled. then i unlocked the phone. guess what i saw?

a picture of us kissing in the plane before the bootcamp, as his phone home screen.

what?

i was shocked man. what did i see? i thought my eyes could gone wrong. but when i look at it for like 4 times now, it's still the same. i mean, who took this?

did someone prank Niall before but he didn't realize, or is that just Niall setting it himself?

i locked the screen, pretending that i didn't know anything, pretending that i didn't see that picture.

but if it is Niall who set that picture as his home screen, why?

"are you ready to go?" Niall asked, lifting the foods he got from the fridge.

"uh, yeah." i said nervously.

"you sound different." Niall stated.

"what? no." i said, looking at my nails.

"are you okay?" Niall asked one more time.

"i'm great! can't you see? let's go before we waste more time."

Niall pressed his lips together, and nodded. we walked upstairs, and to the roof. there's a little balcony on the roof. there's like a mini door who no one has known before. where did Niall know this place? it's so small, but it's clean and you could see the stars clearly from up here.

"this is amazing." i said sitting down on a mattress which is already there.

"yeah, it's only Liam and I who knows this place." Niall said putting the foods down.

"you usually come up here?"

"yeah, this is the best place to think." Niall smiled.

"what did you do when Louis and I are dating?" i asked.

"came up here every night, wishing to have my best friend back to my life, but i couldn't. seeing you so happy with Louis just makes all of these hard. i can't just mess up people's happiness." Niall said opening the chips and soda.