𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘚𝘪𝘹

"Wally.. what's go-" I was cut off by him lifting his hand from under my palm and pulling his sleeve up.

"My, would you look at that! Six-fifty already. We should head back to Franks now." He exclaimed, smiling down at the nonexistent watch on his wrist.

"But there's noth-" I was again interrupted by Wally releasing his sleeve and grabbing onto my wrist, pulling me up along with him.

Before I could protest, Wally had already begun leading me down the path back to Franks. I decided to save the questioning for later tonight when we went through the calculator, if we were going to, that is. Wally released my hand and went up the steps, pushing the cracked door open with a finger and announcing our arrival.

"Frank, dear! We're back!" He called out, waving a hand back to me as a signal to follow him.

Faint laughter could be heard coming from down the hall, presumably Frank and Eddie's laughter. Wally glanced back at me and shrugged. He walked over to the light green door and knocked five times rhythmically, only to receive no answer. It seemed as if their laughter drowned out every other noise. How lovely it would seem to be alone with the love of your life, I thought. I wonder what that would feel like. Wally grabbed the gold knob and turned it, letting out a loud snort as the door opened. Curious about what made Wally wear such a silly expression, I peeked my head over the doorframe and glanced in. Frank and Eddie were facing each other with their faces awfully close, goofy smiles plastered on both of their lips and a radiant pink blush danced across their cheeks.

"Are we interrupting something?" Wally spoke up, clearing his throat and crossing his arms as his eyes narrowed sheepishly at the two men.

Frank and Eddie jumped and spun their heads in our direction, quickly scrambling away from each other. Now being aware of our presence, Frank adjusted his bowtie and spun back in his chair. With shaky hands, he reached for the finished machine.

"Oh! N-not at all, haha.. You're right on time as usual, I just finished your little machine." Frank stuttered out, bringing it over and hiding his flushed face behind it.

Wally took a few steps forward, smirking teasingly at Eddie and moving to the side as I made my way in. I held my arms out, beckoning for the machine. Frank set it into my arms, waiting a few moments for me to fully adjust to the wait before removing his hands entirely.

"I assume you know how the mechanics work but I did have to make a few slight changes.. the red button on the side is how you turn it on. From there, a little screen on the side has an old radio handle to help you switch between satellite connections. I suggest using the 'FGH-342-HI' selection for what you're trying to do, any questions?" Frank stated, crossing his arms behind his back and rocking back slightly on his heels.

I moved the machine around in my hands, glancing around for anything I might not understand but, surprisingly, Frank got it spot on. I looked up at Frank and smiled happily.

"It's perfect, thank you Frank." I exclaimed, turning back to Wally and smiling widely.

"Ready to go, darling?" He asked, holding a hand out to the door.

I hummed happily and waved good-bye to the flustered couple before exiting out of the room. Wally made sure to follow close behind, shouting a string of 'farewell' and 'be safe you two'. I was surprised by how heavy the machine actually was for its size. It was no bigger than a 4-by-6 box yet felt like ninety pounds of pure metal. As if sensing my struggles, Wally held his hands under the machine and cocked his head at me as if saying, 'I got this'. I gratefullly released it and sighed happily  as the tension was released from my arms.