𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘛𝘸𝘰

I sat up, stretching my arms out and made sure not to hit Wally in the face. He was still asleep. Normally, I wake up after him - I wonder what time it is. I yawned and glanced over to the clock on his wall, gasping at the time.

5:04 A.M

It was so early! I sighed and carefully got out of bed, making my way quietly out of the room and walking stealthily down the hall to the paint room. I opened the door and searched around the desk and easel for my notepad. I had misplaced it in the last few days and I dearly missed it. I got on the floor and reached under the desk, my arm extending fully before I felt it. I gripped onto it and pulled it out with a happy sigh, standing up and flipping it open. I pulled out a pen from the desk drawer and scribbled down everything I could remember from Home and I's encounter. I wrote about our deal and how he ate the children because of my mom and her experiments, filling in a lot of voided information.

"What are you doing?"

I turned around quickly, almost dropping the notepad as I did so. Wally stood in the doorway rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Oh, I didn't think you'd be up yet. I'm just.. writing in new information I found out last night." I muttered, turning back to the wall and pasting a note onto my mothers side. 

Wally came up behind me and skimmed through them, letting out a snort at the fact I color coded the information.

"What else did you find last night? You were supposed to be asleep." He said, crossing his arms.

"Well, it's an interesting- and long story really." I blurted, trying to get him to let it go.

"I have time." He whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Okay, so, I woke up from a nightmare and uhm.. Home was there with an illusion of you. We talked and I found out that Home is an angel - somewhat. And I found out that Home was the one eating the children but only because my mother would starve him. He's a test subject just like all of you." I stuttered out.

"An 𝒜𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓁?" Wally said, sounding perplexed. "He ate the children..? How did he eat? He doesn't even have a mouth." Wally muttered, talking to himself sadly.

"At some point, he grabbed my hand and kissed the cut I'd gotten from stabbing him. Then he picked at my scab and licked up the blood.. we kinda made some weird deal, haha.." I whispered, pasting another note to the wall.

I felt Wally grip tightly onto my waist and within the blink of an eye, he flipped me around and slammed me against the wall, almost causing the notes to fall. His hands were glued to both sides of my head, keeping me pinned. He looked down at me with dark half-lidded eyes.

"Home did what?" He whispered darkly, staring daggers down at me.

I felt heat shoot through my body, my thoughts running wild at the position I was in.

"Don't make me ask again." He said, leaning his head down and almost closing the space between us.

I'd be a fool to say it wasn't hot, because it totally was.

"Home picked at the scab from the knife cut and he.. licked it off. But- it was for a good reason! He's starving, Wally. And if I give him some blood, we get out! It works for everyone." I whispered, glancing down at his lips.

"He's not going to lay a finger on you. I don't care what it's for." One of his hands left the wall and gripped around my neck.

"And I'm the only one who gets to kiss you." He leaned down and connected our lips harshly.

I gently pushed him away and cracked a smirk at his protective nature.

"Yes, yes, okay. But I'm still going to do it because you deserve to go anywhere without fearing Home might hurt you." I said, smiling up at him.

He pursed his lips and finally sighed in defeat.

"Alright." He dropped his hand from my neck and stepped away, glancing up at the wall of notes and string.

"Pretty cool, huh? I've connected tons of things and now all that's missing is.." I looked up at the wall and skimmed for the unanswered questions.

"How does Home eat, what was this made for, why do they worship Home.." I mumbled, getting lost in my own thoughts.

"And lastly, what is in the guest bedroom/how were they taken from it." I turned back to Wally and noticed him glancing at the open room door.

"Do you want to find out?" He said, cracking a smile.

I nodded excitedly, running next to him and intertwining our hands. He led me gently out of the room and across the hall, stopping to look over at me. I gave him a little nod and he turned the doorknob slowly, revealing a vintage looking room. I let go of his hand and rushed in, awed at the beautiful flowery design that covered the walls and bedspread.

"This room is beautiful, Wally!" I said, turning back to him and smiling widely.

"Thank you, I designed it myself!" Wally said, placing a hand over his heart and smoothing his hair back with the other.

I giggled and walked around the bed, my eyes landing on the pictures of Wally and Barnaby sitting on the nightstand. I smiled at it and moved closer, only to trip over a loose floorboard and fall into the small nightstand. I reached down and rubbed my knee soothingly, groaning at the pain. Wally rushed to my side and looked down at the cause of my pain.

The jagged floorboard.

Wally let out a frustrated sigh and bent over, pushing it down slightly only for it to pop back up.

"I'm going to have to replace this. Watch out, I'm lifting it up." He said, giving me space to move out of the way.

I watched him lift the loose side and tug for a few moments, falling back a bit as it came off with a loud crack. He tossed the board to the side and let out a loud gasped as he looked down.

"Wally, what is it?" I asked curiously, walking up behind him and leaning my head over his shoulder.

I looked down into the floorboard and saw.. darkness.

Then, as I looked closer,

I noticed it.