16ꉓꃅꍏꉣ꓄ꍟꋪ ꌗꀤꊼ꓄ꍟꍟꈤ16

!quick authors note: I recommend listening to some.. horror/chase music for the next two chapters. Also, thank you so much for the support! This book is what I look forward to working on when I get home and I love reading the motivating comments. Enjoy this chapter everyone!

                  Wally grabs my hand and pulls me inside Home, shutting the door and locking it. I then felt hands wrap around me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"My, you are very smart. I've never met a detective before. So mysterious." He cooed, blowing a breath against my neck. "I love this little game of cat and mouse we're playing." He bit onto my neck slightly, causing me to flinch and break out of his hold.

I took a few steps forward, turning back to face a now.. calm Wally. I had expected him to be more upset with me breaking away. Strange.

"I have some fun activities planned today! Come with me, dear." He held his hand out for me to take - knowing I didn't have another choice, I took it.

He smirked as he locked out hands together. He dragged me down the hall to the familiar paint room, flicking on the lights as we entered.

"Go ahead and take a seat at the easel." He said, releasing my hand and holding it out towards the stool with a bow.

"But- Wally, I don't know how to paint." I said, uneasily walking over to the easel.

"Oh, nonsense! Take a seat and I'll help you." The lights in the room began to flicker before going out completely.

Wally sighed and told me to stay seated, saying loudly for me not to touch anything while he figured out the problem. Once he left the room, I got up and went straight to the small craft desk in the corner of the room. It was covered in many items such as; googly eyes, glitter glue, colorful construction paper, and pipe cleaners. I rummaged through the scraps, my hand poking something sharp. I winced and took hold of the object, pulling it out of the mess. It was a blue pair of extremely sharp scissors. The lights flickered back to life in the small room causing me to shove it into my shorts and scrambling back to my seat on the stool. As I sat back down quickly, I felt the scissors pierce my hip. Wally waked back into the room and smiled at me.

"Are you ready for our first lesson?" Wally beamed, filling up the space on my left.

"Uhm.. I guess?" I said uncertainly, picking up the small paintbrush that rested on the bottom of the easel.

Wally turned around and picked up a blank canvas, setting it down in front of me.

"Let's start with something easy. Do you think you can paint a flower?" He said, titling his head over my left shoulder to meet my eyes.

I considered it in my head. I mean, I can paint a flower but it won't be anything crazy. It'll just be a line with a circle and some U's coming from it.

"Oh- uh sure." I stuttered out, dipping the paintbrush into some paint that laid on the floor next to my stool.

Wally watched intently and I began to draw a little line and added a circle, then painted five huge U's on every side of the circle. I set the paintbrush down on the wood holder under the canvas and looked up at him. He blinked a few times before moving behind me and taking hold of my hands.

"Silly. Here, let me help you." He whispered.

I felt heat rush up to my face at how close our bodies were to each other. He placed the paintbrush back into my hand and guided me, making strokes around the canvas. We started with a bud to cover my original painting, making little swerves around it. Wally then guided my hand to the pink paint and helped me fill in each petal.

"Do you have the hang of it?" Wally said patiently.

I nodded and he released his hold on my hands. I set off on my own, filling in each petal and moving to dip for the red so I could shade towards the bud. I felt his arms wrap around me again and I began to paint with the red. I felt something cold against me neck, causing me to freeze up. I felt it again and again, trailing up to my ear.

"You're so interesting to watch. I can never get tired of your little reactions, oh, they're so adorable! Whenever I see you, I just want to hold you and never let go. I never want anyone else to see that gorgeous smile, to feel your embrace. I want it to be all mine. It is all mine." Wally whispered creepily into my ear.

"I love you." He said, trailing his right hand from my waist and resting it on my neck.

I felt myself blush and scream internally. Nobody has ever said they love me before- well, besides my family. But this was different. This was a man who kidnapped me and stalked me all because he loved me. Am I really that important? He's a psychopath, and maybe that makes me one too for enduring the way he obsesses over me. I thought back to all the training I went through in college, all the manipulation tactics to get criminals to cooperate. Maybe, if I broke his heart, he'd let me explore more- maybe he'd let me actually adjust to everything. Maybe I could.. maybe I could learn to love him.

I shook Wally off and hopped away from the stool. I laughed and turned back to face him.

"You love me? You've got to be joking. I could never love a monster like you! All you've done is hurt and trap me. You're insane!" I yelled, smirking at my amazing acting skills.

Wally's smile faded and he held a blank expression. Slowly, he began to giggle quietly. His giggle grew into an insane laugh that hit me like bricks. He brought a hand to his face as he finally came down off his 'high'.

"That's okay. We can play this game. I'll just.. fix you and build you back up so you'll see just how I do! Ha. HA!" Wally said, sliding a knife he had hidden inside his sleeve into his palm.

Oh shit. I didn't plan for this to happen.

"We can play this little game of cat and mouse- I'll even make you a deal! If you can make it through the morning, I'll give into whatever mind game you're playing on me. But if I catch you," He giggled and slid his finger down the edge of the knife.

"You'll be mine to play with, forever." He smiled sweetly at me.

Panic flooded through my veins.

I knew deep down that no matter which way this went,

I'd always be his.