𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘖𝘯𝘦

I opened my eyes and felt around, my hand landing on.. someone's chest? I looked up and made eye-contact with Wally. I guess I had fallen asleep on top of him.

"Goodmorning, lovely." He cooed, wrapping his arms around me.

I smiled contemptuously and rested my head in the crook of his neck

"When did we fall asleep?" I asked, closing my eyes tiredly.

"We didn't."

My eyes shot open and I felt his arms tighten around me.

This isn't Wally.

"Relax. It'll make this easier for the both of us." He whispered, his pupils dilating and smile widening.

I struggled to get free; pushing and kicking to no avail. He had me trapped. He began to laugh insanely and melt into a hot black ink. I screamed as the boiling hot liquid fell against my skin, melting together. I could feel my skin fibers rip and tear, being replaced by the torturously hot sensation.

——

I woke up.

I was panting and feeling overwhelmed by my own body heat. I flung my head up and sighed as I saw a peacefully asleep Wally. I carefully maneuvered my way out of his arms, stopping every time he flinched. Finally, I got out and took a few backwards steps away from the bed before relaxing fully. I turned around and covered my mouth as I came face-to-face with an illusion.

"You're up late." It said, laughing and taking Wally's shape.

I hit my head back against the wall as I flinched back, groaning loudly in pain. I rubbed the back of my head and stared at Home's Wally illusion, being reminded of a familiar question.

"Home, what are you?" I stuttered out, scared of the answer it may give me.

"An angel." He said, a little white halo popping over the illusions head.

Wally cries when angels lie.

That's what the file was about. I mentally noted that and told myself to add it to the wall in the morning after I fix things with Home.

"Really? Angels are beautiful. So beautiful, I thought they didn't exist." I said cautiously, folding my hands over my chest.

"Yes, we are, aren't we?" He giggled, extending a hand out and grabbing mine.. gently.

He brought it up to his face and kissed my knuckles before flipping my hand over and smiling down at my palm. I couldn't help but blush a bit at the thought of Wally doing this.

"We're not the only beautiful things here." He said, smirking.

I felt a few butterflies flutter in my stomach as he looked back down at my palm and kissed it. He then smiled devilishly and picked at the cut along my palm from the previous night, drawing blood. I cringed at the feeling but was soon mortified when he bent down and licked it up, almost sucking the blood from my hand.

"We're also very hungry." He wiped his mouth and dropped my hand.

I gripped my hand and covered the cut, trying my best to stop the little blood.

"You're hungry? What do you wanna eat?" I asked, shaking my hand in hopes it would ease the stinging.

"You."

"You- me? You want to eat me? Is that why you tried luring me into the guest bedroom?" I said frantically, thinking about how psycho Wally's Home is.

"I haven't eaten since the children. The doctor never came back for me. You have so much potential- so much life. I can smell it off of you. Could you blame me?" He said with a small laugh.

"I guess.. not? That's a long time to not eat. Did this.. scientist feed you the children only? Like- limit your diet?" I whispered, slowly backing up to create a comforting distance between the two of us.

I noted down the fact my own mother was taking these kids and bringing them through the void to feed Home. With this information, we could finally add the last missing pieces to the puzzle and solve this case for good. The only thing we needed to know now is;

"Why?"

"Yes, From the moment I was created - she would bring the children to.. document my reaction. They would starve me and ask me questions about how it hurts and how I know it's hurting." He said sadly, rambling away.

"I didn't... want to. I got to know some of them quite well, maybe even enjoyed their presence. But, she gave me no choice. If I didn't comply with their requests, they would hit my walls and slam my doors. It was awfully painful." He said with a aggravated groan.

I repeated what he was saying under my breath in hopes I would remember to write this all down after.

"I am so sorry, Home. You don't deserve this. None of you do. Do you.. think you could help us? Let us go? I'm sorry for stabbing you violently." I said, laughing awkwardly.

"I could make an exception.. at a price, of course." He said, narrowing his eyes at me.

"What price?" I whispered, glancing over at Wally who was sound asleep.

"Let me take some of your blood every now and then, to cure my hunger." He said plainly, taking a few steps closer.

I felt uncomfortable. This house was going to feed off of me in exchange for free roam of Wally's property... or is Wally homes property? Too many thoughts all at once.

I thought about his offer, thinking about the ways it would help Wally and I finish this case - especially if we got Home on our side.

"Alright, deal." I said triumphantly, sticking my hand out to shake his.

He smirked and moved his hand into mine, holding it firmly and shaking. He hesitantly let go, seemingly as if he never wanted to. Within a few seconds, he melted into a dark black ink and disintegrated into the flooring. I grimaced and backed away towards the bed where Wally slept cutely.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes, swinging my leg over the side and climbing up. I moved the blanket up and slid under it, scooting back against Wally and feeling embraced in his warmth.

I drifted back to sleep with rampant thoughts

Baffled by the man eating Home.