↻9հąքէ99 ហì99

After showing the detective all my evidence I had managed to type up, he instructed me to bring the two other packages tomorrow so he could investigate and get forensic work conducted on the items inside.

With that, I was reminded of the package in my bag.

"Sir, I actually have another package with me.. it was on my bed this morning. Someone had left it when I went downstairs- maybe we should start with that one since it's already here." I said, turning my attention to the bag on the floor.

"You're right. You haven't opened it yet, yes?" I nodded. "Good. Get it and we'll do it together." He placed a hand on my shoulder, my attention turning back to him.

"You don't have to do this alone anymore." He said in a slightly cheerful voice, flashing me a kind smile.

I got up from the chair and dug the package from my bag, holding my hand out for him to grab it as I closed my bag back up. He took it and began to peel back the seal.

He carefully turned the open package upside down, a pink tape falling out. He turned it over and peered in, seemingly disappointed that this was all.

I picked up the tape, turned it on its side and blew dust from the label.

"Welcome to Our Happy Home!"

I showed it to the detective and he grimaced. He bent over the desk and opened the hatch on the side of the computer made for VHS tapes. He held his hand out, beckoning for the tape. I handed it over slowly, trying not to show my hesitation.
I heard a click and the mechanical sounds of the hatch closing before the computer clicked to life on a very pink 'menu' screen.

He maneuvered the buttons on the side to the episodes tab, selecting it and pressing play on the only one there. We both moved back from the computer and watched as the episode began.

The episode opened up outside of Home, Wally's talking red house. Wally emerged from the side of the house, holding what seemed to be three stacked cans of paint. He set them down before directing his attention to the camera. I felt that weight, the same weight I felt the first time I watched a tape. I glanced over at Johnson from the side of my eye, trying to distract myself from the uncomfortable eye contact.

"You're the new neighbor, right?" Wally approached the camera with a big smile on his face.

"You came earlier than I had anticipated Ha. Ha. Come on! Let me show you around." He said with a wave.

We were taken around the town and introduced to all the characters one-by-one, completing an entire circle and ending up back where we started.

"And last, but not least, Home!" Wally rested his hand on the side of the house, the windows shot open and eyes appeared. They shot around the screen for a moment before landing on the camera.

The house opened its door invitingly. The episode seemed entirely normal so far, I had been expecting a gl-

Before I could finish my thought, the screen cut to black. It cut back rather fast, but now, we were seated across from Wally in a dark room. His eyes were the only distinguishable thing.

"You brought a new friend! What fun." Wally said, his words laced with venom.

"What the hell.." the detective whispered under his breath next to me. He slowly creeped towards the computer side but not before Wally noticed what he was doing. With a glance of Wally's eyes, the detective seemed to be lost in.. a trance?

I shook him next to me but he wouldn't snap out of it. He was experiencing the same stuck feeling I felt. I turned back to the computer, speaking up.

"Wally, stop this! Why are you doing this? Why are you so obsessed with me? Let him go!" I shouted, looking at the screen pleadingly but it was to no avail. His eyes never waivered.

"Why would I stop when we're all having so much fun together?" He giggled,

"last time i checked, you're the one who's 'obsessed' with me." His vice rising as he spoke, "You're the one who dug too deep into this mess all because of one messed up packaging delivery. You could've returned it. Just admit it, you're obsessed with me." He said, slowing down his sentences as if he was speaking to a child.

Maybe.. maybe he was right. No, he is right. I could've turned in the evidence to the professionals. This is all my fault.

"Aww, don't cry. Maybeeee if I get rid of your friend here, you would get the dream job you've always wanted. I bet you'd love that! Then you wouldn't cry anymore." He said, beginning to giggle hysterically.

A string of no's erupted from my mouth as Johnson turned to face me. His eyes are a blank void. He was a shell of a person. I watched in horror as his arm extended to the desk and grasped a pair of silver scissors. He brought them to his chest and smiled at me before plunging it into himself over and over and over.

I screamed and ran for the phone against the wall, dialing the police office upstairs. A male voice answered,

"Yes? Everything okay down there?" The man asked.

"No! Send someone down immediately. We need paramedics right away. The detective has gone mad and stabbed himself, please!" I shouted into the phone, not daring to turn around, scared of the scene unfolding behind me.

"Yes, of course. Help should be there any minute to assist you." Relief washed over me as he said help would arrive shortly.

"I'm here." The voice said through the phone.

Time seemed to stop. This didn't make sense- the phone is connected upstairs. There's no way he vocals stay on the phone and be here at the same time.

"Turn around." His voice said.

I turned my head slowly towards the doorway.

There he was,

Wally Darling.

He saw me looking and smiled, dropping the now  bloody phone he had once held against his face. I screamed in terror before every muscle in my body felt so.. heavy.
I fought hard to stay up and back away from the man but it was no use. Sleep was taking over.

He made his way over to me,

"That's it, just like that. Rest well, neighbor."

He said as he picked up my limp body.

My mind fading into the dark nothingness.