52 - The Girls

Saki stared at the phone, having just been hung up on by Sora. Hana and Susu quickly rounded the corner.

"Are you alright?!" Hana worriedly asked.

"I am." Saki nodded. "I just called Sora. Let him know that Hiro was here in the city. But there's another complication..."

She quickly tapped on her phone, looking at the current news. And there it was, a new bold headline making the news. There was an attempted murder.

Konami Chiyo attempted to a man at his own home.

Saki bit her lip, turning her screen and showing the two the news. "There's another one after Hiro, and she's loose in the city."

"...Konami Chiyo? That Konami Chiyo?" Susu gasped.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." Hana scowled. "Another one?!"

"You said she's loose..." Susu noted.

"Yeah..." Saki frowned. "Just like Hiro is...there's a chance they may..."

"That's not good." Hana shook her head. "But why didn't we know about this? About her?"

"Cause apparently even Hiro didn't know." Saki stated. "Only Sora did."

~~ July 17, 2019 ~~
~ Cafe Owari ~
~~
~

"Why..." Hiro weakly muttered, staring at the psychotic girl in front of him.

He had barely known her. He had just eaten some of her food five years ago since she was a nice classmate. How did that lead to her now threatening him into a deal with a gun?

"Why what, dear?" Konami tilted her head at him.

"Why...do you love me?" He asked. "Why is it always me...?"

"It's because you're such an amazing person." Konami smiled, as if she was an innocent maiden in love. "Other people saw that within you as well."

But Hiro could tell she wasn't anything close to innocent. Another one...just like them...

Could no woman be trusted? Was every girl he interacted destined to become a yandere? Had he committed a horrendous misdeed in a past life and was now forced to pay the price in this one through this absolute hell of a curse?

For what was extreme logic that made no utter sense, was what Hiro grasped at. He wasn't charming enough for girls to fall batshit insane for him. At least, he shouldn't be.

And so even ridiculous and fantastical ideas such as past lives and curses felt like the most likely cause, in a situation as horrid and unnatural as this one.

These women weren't normal, clearly. But even more than that, he felt they were unnatural. Like they shouldn't even belong to this plane of existence. These yanderes should've stayed trapped in the illustrations and words in which they came out from.

"So, now that I've given you some time to think, will you accept my deal?" Konami asked sweetly.

His mind had not been thinking about the deal. But, even before that...

"You haven't even told me about...your deal." Hiro bitterly spoke.

"Oh, that's my bad." Konami lightly laughed, before slightly wincing, almost unnoticeably.