45 - The CEO

"Finally... I'm back."

She stepped out of the airport, staring at the stars in the night sky. How beautiful they were. But no matter what, they weren't as beautiful as him.

"I'm on my way, my love." She grinned.

~~ July 16, 2019 ~~
~ Ai Ramen ~
~~
~

Despite the fancy limousine, Sora wasn't taken to where he would've expected. Instead, he was taken to a simple ramen store, which was completely empty other than the three of them.

They sat down at their table, put in their orders, and then started to talk.

"Thank you for the food." Sora said.

"You're welcome." Giyo Enterprises' CEO replied. "I haven't formally introduced myself. My name is Yakumo Giyo, grandfather to little Yashi here."

He pat Yashi on the head.

"My name is Sora Sawai. It's nice to meet you as well." Sora stated.

"Do you like ramen?" Yakumo asked.

"Yes, I do." Sora replied.

"Then it seems I've brought you to the right place." Yakumo nodded. "This place isn't the best known, but it's ramen is delicious. I would've bought them and helped them grow, but they prefer their smaller restaurant."

"Well, it certainly has a nice atmosphere." Sora noted.

"Yes." Yakumo smiled. "While it may be small, the ramen and the place give an unforgettable experience. That's why I stop by here every once in a while."

"Well, now I'm excited." Sora lied. Inwardly, he couldn't have wanted to go home more. He wanted to finally get some sleep, and to wake up with the sun shining a little brighter than before.

Then, he could plan against the final obstacle. Konami.

"So, what made you want to work for us?" Yakumo asked. Yashi looked at him in curiosity.

"Well, after graduating I've been doing odd jobs here and there, trying to find where I'd want to go and what I want to do." Sora stated. "I'm still trying to figure it out."

"I see." Yakumo nodded. "Still trying to find what you want to spend the rest of your life doing. My suggestion is to do something you enjoy. It's more worth it than the money."

"Thanks for your advice." Sora gratefully responded.

"Here, your ramen." The waiter came back, putting down a bowl in front of each of them.

Yashi stared at her bowl with stars in her eyes, while Yakumo took a long, slow bite. He closed his eyes in bliss, giving out a deep sigh which relaxed his shoulders.

Sora tried his own, and was surprised at the rich blast of flavors which filled his mouth. He liked ramen, but it was even better than he expected. No wonder Yakumo liked this place. His praise wasn't misplaced.

He wanted to take Hiro here, once he finally met his friend again. Just one more to go...then they can be free.

"How is it?" Yakumo asked.