4 - The Student Council

He was back here again, in that same nightmare. Yesterday he was free from it, but he was here again. But this time, it almost didn't seem as foggy. He could make out walls and a floor, but he still had no clue where he was.

The laughter reached his ears, the sickening laughter accompanying another's horrific screams of pain.

He could only hope that whatever was in his nightmares would never find him.

~~ April 9, 2014 ~~
~ Uddoforu Academy ~
~~
~

Hiro rubbed his temples as he walked to his first class. He had thought that the nightmare had disappeared, but it appeared again last night with a new look.

It was frustrating. He had no idea why he was having it. It's not like he had some secret past or trauma. He was a pretty ordinary boy who had to move to a new city and school.

He entered the classroom. His eyes almost immediately connected with Akari's. She gave him a sweet smile, like she had to everybody else that had walked in. But if someone paid enough attention, they might have noticed how it was slightly larger.

He walked to his seat in front of Akari, giving her a slight, barely noticeable nod. He couldn't do anything like waving or smiling, because most of his classmates would become incredibly jealous.

'The people of this school are ridiculous.' He thought to himself. He glanced at Sora's empty seat. 'Well, most.'

A slight shiver suddenly ran down his spine. Hiro could swear he could feel someone's gaze on him, and he had a good feeling on who it was.

Akari. He hadn't talked to her since she kissed him on the cheek. It wasn't that he was avoiding her, nor was it that she was avoiding him. They would just inconspicuously greet each other whenever they'd pass by.

'Is she waiting for me?' Hiro wondered to himself, lost in his own thoughts. 'Am I supposed to make a move on her? Do I invite her to a date?'

He was questioning on whether or not she would like that, before shaking that question out of his head. For whatever reason, she had an interest in him.

She had kissed him on the cheek. That was major. And since she did that, those other little things he noticed...those had to be hints as well.

He wasn't sure why, or how she gained an interest in him, but he had to do something. He did have fun with her when they watched that anime at his house, so maybe it could work out?

'All right.' He nodded to himself. 'I'll ask her if she wants to go to a cafe, and we can see where things go from there. I don't want to rush anything, we just met three days ago.'

He'd have to be careful about it though. He needed to find a time when she was alone, or else who knows what his jealous classmates would do if she agreed!

And if she rejected him, then there would be no witnesses to his blunder. And hopefully she wouldn't go gossiping about it...

Unknown to Hiro, he was walking straight into the palm of Akari's hand. She had planned their limited contact for a sole reason.

'Any day now.' She smirked to herself. 'And he'll be asking me on a date. It's the only way for him to find out if I'm serious...which I am.'