43 - The Death

"We have just received news that the Yanemi Giyo, daughter of the CEO of Giyo Enterprises, was found dead in her room, provided by the police." The news reporter spoke. "The culprit is Akari Sumiko, who posed as a janitor for Giyo Enterprises. The other janitor on the shift, Sora Sawai, was able to rescue Yanemi's daughter from the attack."

"Very shocking news." The other reporter stated. "Akari Sumiko has been arrested and is currently under questioning. Police and reviewing the scene and attempting to solve this tragedy."

Konami smiled at the scene of her phone, before placing it down. She stood up from her desk, walked over to the window, and looked out at the city of Kiken.

"How the mighty have fallen, Yanemi." She talked to herself. "How the mighty have fallen. And here I thought you'd survive longer."

She chucked to herself.

"Finally, after all this waiting...it's almost time." She stated. "But first, I should pay a visit to my old friend Sora.."

~~ July 16, 2019 ~~
~ Hana's Apartment ~
~~
~

"How does this involve Hiro...?" Hana bluntly asked. "...when he has been dead for five years?"

Those words rang through Saki's head. Hana allowed Saki to avoid answering for a night, but now was expecting an answer today.

Hana was smart. Just from a few vague words she deduced that somehow Hiro was involved with Saki's attitude. However, Saki didn't know how to tell her.

She didn't think Hana would believe such an insane story. And even if she did, she didn't want to involve Hana into this mess.

"Eat up." Hana stated as Saki got out of her futon she was borrowing. Saki sat down across from Hana, the television droning on to their side, and started to eat the breakfast Hana had prepared.

"This is good." Saki spoke.

"Thank you." Hana smiled. "I hope you've thought over your story properly last night."

"Yes, I have." Saki replied.

"I want the truth." Hana bluntly stated.

"I know." Saki nodded. "But it's not believable. And I don't want you to get involved into this mess."

"Just telling me won't hurt, right?" Hana shrugged. "If I don't do anything."

"No..." Saki shook her head.

Flashes of Mei and Yanemi's blank eyes flooded her brain, making her shiver involuntarily. They had haunted her nightmares, as she expected.

She'd never be able to forget those eyes.

"...not with them." Saki gravely spoke. "Just telling you puts you in danger. Even just talking with you puts you in danger."

Saki suddenly stood up. "I need to go. I can't put you in any more danger."

"Please, sit down." Hana replied. "I consciously took you in, knowing that there may be danger because of it. I want to know the truth, no matter how dangerous it is."

Saki was unconvinced. From the fact she was still standing was all Hana needed to tell. Hana needed to know, after this encounter. She couldn't live with the regret of not acting if she just let Saki go.