Darkness

Kabeer's POV:

"Kabeer get the fuck up!"
Ankur screamed at me and kicked my back.

I growled in pain opening my eyes slowly to see his frustrated face.

"Get up Kabeer?" He yelled on my face.

I looked at the sides. I'm laying on the bathroom floor with three bottles of beer on the ground. He gave his hand and helped me up. I stood like a stick and he opened my clothes making me stand under the shower. He went out and brought me the towel and clean clothes. He hung them on the clothes rode.

"Wear them and come out without falling down again"
He said in a monotone voice.

I quietly did as told and came out wiping my wet hair with the towel in one hand. I stood in front of the mirror looking at my overgrown beard and hair. I look horrible, I have never been so untidy.

"You're out?" Ankur came inside with a try in his hands.

He came in and kept the tray on the center table which is in front of the bed. I turned and gave him a blank look.

I walked and sat on the bed, he gestured to me to have the tablets and drink the lemon water. I again did as told quietly.

He sat beside me taking a long breath keeping hands on his thigh in annoyance.

"How more longer Kabeer?"
He asked me in a soft but painful voice.

"Till the time I find her back!"
I said leaving a normal breath.

"She's gone and is not going to return. If she had to come why would she leave?"
He said controlling his anger.

"I don't know, but I will not stop searching for her. There has to be some valid reason for her decision. She can't leave me just like that, I'm sure there is something. She was in some trouble"
I said with painful confidence.

"You need to stop getting drunk like this if you want to find her. Just by walking on the streets whole day then at night drink and lay on the bathroom floor will not bring her back in any way. You're being stupid"
He spoke a little louder.

"Ankur are you going to help me or not?" I asked looking at him with hope.

"I don't know how to help you but I still am!"
He said being totally fed up.

"I don't know what to do Ankur? Where is she? That to in this condition? Why did she not say anything and where did she run?"
I asked him and fell down of the bed and held on his knees.

"Kabeer handle yourself!"
He said softly rubbing my back.

"Ankur I love her, I miss her, why did she do this to me?"
I again said with pain.

"I know, I know... We will find her soon. But you got to first stop you're drinking and start thinking on a different way to find her. This is not working out. I tried my best but nothing worked out. You need to come to your original form to work" He said in a clear and loud voice.

I looked up at him with watery eyes. He wiped my tears and held my face.

"Buck up buddy! We need to do a lot of work. Let's contact Sam and ask him for help. I'm sure he would have great ways and we can find her much faster" He said with a small smile.

I just nodded and sat back up. He dialed Sam and asked him to come and meet us at my house. Sam is a FBI cop so is why Ankur suggested his help. I sat numb and quiet.

My mind is only thinking about her. I slowly got up and went towards the TV drawers. I opened it and took out the pregnancy test stick and held it in my hands with pain and tears in my eyes.

My heart ached like anything and I don't know how to react to it. I felt miserable from inside.
She was pregnant and didn't bother to tell me. Why did she do this? I thought and closed my eyes in pain.

"Kabeer, Sam said he would come in the evening"
Ankur said to me.

I opened my eyes and wiped my face nodding my head, I kept the stick into my pant pocket.

The whole day somehow passed and Sam came home. We three sat in the hall room.

"Bro, I know it's going to be tough but you need to do this!"
Ankur said keeping his hand on my thigh and giving me encouraging looks.

I just nodded and left a long breath. Preparing my mind and heart to be ready for the coming situation.

"Kaby, I'll try my best to find Sanjana. I don't know why you people didn't come to me at first but I promise you I'll get her from wherever she is"
Sam promised me.

We didn't leave an eye contact and I nodded to him too. I can see he is honest and I know he will do his job well.

"So tell me everything in detail from the day she left, morning to evening whatever you remember just tell me without skipping any part"
He said seriously and sternly.

I took a deep breath and Ankur patted my back. I looked at him with tears standing in my eyes.

"Kabeer we got this okay!"
Sam said encouraging me.

I looked back at him and took a long breath in before speaking

"That morning as I woke up she was sleeping, when I woke her up to get ready she said she is not feeling well and wants a day to rest. So I let her be at home and went to office. In the afternoon normally I called to check on her, then she sounded worried, she said she loves me and she is sorry and hung up"

I said and stopped to cath my breath...

"And then?" Asked a curious Sam

"Later, I tried to call her many times but she didn't pick up my calls. I got worried so I rushed home and when I came she had already left, her suitcase and a few of her stuff were missing and her phone also was broken into two half laying on the floor. I found a pregnancy test stick in the bathroom only after two days"
I said with tears falling and leaving a heavy breath.

"Sounds like she had planned everything very well"
Sam said in deep thinking.

"Dude will you be able to find her, the police did their best before but got no information" Ankur said in a defeated voice.

"Don't worry Ankur, now this is my personal case. I'll go deep down and get her out"
He replied in determination.

"Thanks dude!"
Ankur said greatfuly.

After some more questions and reaserch Sam left with all the collected information. He gave me some hope. I just prayed mentally to God to help me find my wife.

It's a feeling I cannot express or explain in words. Ankur left after giving me again a thirty minutes speech and I came into my room and lay down quite but with tears flowing from my eyes non stop.

............................Next Chapter