Bring Me Back To Life

<After 1 Week>

Hally's Point of View

I woke up from my sleep and I was in a room which was full of machines. I didn't know where I was. I looked around and I didn't see any sight of my family and specially Katy. I began to worry. I tilted and moved my head from side to side because that was the only way I can look around. I can't sit up because I don't have support and the bed I'm lying down on now is different from the one I layed down in my hospital room. It was very quiet inside the room and I can't even hear any sound of a machine except the one that contains my heart rate pulpitations.

My head was aching the whole time and it was pitch black inside the room. There wasn't any glass window that I can look on. I remember the memories from last week when we had a perfect Hudson family day. Everyone even Katy was really happy and even me.

I wish I could go back to that day. Max went back to West Virginia because his vacation was over, he only got to say goodbye to me thru a phone call which Katy told me about. I still got to speak with him using Katy's phone but I will truly miss him. The way we treated each other for the past weeks have been different from before, we got even closer and he became overprotective of me lately. He promised to call me twice a week to check up on how I was.

I wonder where Katy is right now. I wonder where they all are. I began to get scared and nervous. The time just goes by so fast that I wish I could turn it back. A person came inside the room on where I was. I decided not to spit a word out because I was too curious to know on who the person was. After a while, the person turned on the light in the room. My eyes weren't used to the brightness and so I put my right hand in my face. I was able to get used to the light in the room afterwards. I saw the person and it was Dr. Mckinley. Today was the day I'm going to get operated. I've been truly nervous before this day came. I've been having difficulties and troubles for the past few weeks. I didn't look better at all but I try to show others that I'm strong and happy. I seem to fail at it because it's just complicated.

I want to go back to the days when I wasn't sick. The days wherein me and Katy were happy being together. It doesn't mean that I blame her for making me sick but that's just life, you never expect what is going to be there for you. Like they say, life is like a box of chocolates.

Nurses came inside the room to help Dr. Mckinley on my operation. I was starting to get nervous and I bet I look real pale now. They started preparing the materials which will be used. I was still lying down and waiting patiently for them to finish preparing. "Good Morning, Hally!" I heard Dr. Mckinley say to me. "Good morning" I replied back to him politely as I watched him prepare the materials which were just beside the bed I was laying on. "You were sleeping when we brought you here. Your family is staying outside and the operation will start in a few minutes. Listen, I know this is difficult for you but you have to stay strong and be optimistic because it doesn't mean that you're getting operated, everything's going to be fine. We have to hope for the best and trust God. I hope that we would be able to do this safely" he said to me seriously as he stared at me. "Okay, I will do as you told me to. Just please don't let me die or put my life on a big risk. I trust you and I promise to stay strong and be optimistic" I said to him with great hope in voice.

I really hope I would survive because I don't know what will happen if I die. My whole family will be in mourning and they would be lost without me. I know that it's a 50/50 chance and all I can do is to believe and trust God and to be strong. I saw Dr. Mckinley press an injection while he held it. It was the anesthesia which is a medicine which will make me unconscious and to help me not feel the pain during the operation. I felt the injection pierce thru my skin, it hurt a bit and I was still awake but afterwards, I felt the medicine take an effect on me and my eyes slowly closed as I drifted off to sleep.