California Dreaming

I woke up and it was 9:30am. Just a little bit of facts about myself, my name's Hally and I'm 13. I live in West Virginia. My parents are always out of town and out of the country. It was just a year ago when I found out that i was an adopted child of theirs. I'm usually left with my aunt. Most of my "relatives" don't treat me as the way they're supposed to treat me.

I hurriedly ran into my shower and played "Dressin' Up". I know that it's a perfect song that i should play. After taking a bath, i ran down the stairs and my aunt was shouting at me because I was late again for school. "Hally! Come down the stairs and eat breakfast. You're late for school". Aunt Connie says. "I'm coming! Just wait a sec!". I said. I shoved my sandwich into my mouth and grabbed my lunch box. I ran outside and rode my bike, headed to school. I saw Max along the way, he's my best friend. We've been friends ever since we were young. We both fangurl about our idol Katy Perry. She means so much to us and our greatest dream is to meet her.

"Hey Hally!" Max said. "Uhh... Hey Max!" I said. I was driving my bike too fast and i lost control of it. I tried to click on the break but it broke. I fell into a mud puddle. "Shit! This is totally bad vibes! They're going to bully me again". I said to Max. "Omg! I'm sorry Hally. What if you just go back to your house and change?". Max said. "Pshh, there's no time. I'd rather come like this than being late for the tenth time." I said to Max. "Right, come on let's go! We're going to be late." Max said.

Me and Max were running down the hall of the school. We were rushing because no one was in the corridors, which means classes have began. I entered the classroom and everyone was staring at me. They were all laughing at me because i looked so filthy and I was covered in mud. They threw they're lunch, pencils, papers and other things at me. Mr. Williams sent me out of the room and told me to take a shower and change my clothes. I told him i have no other clothes to wear. He said that it's not his problem anymore. I had no choice but not to go to school anymore. I headed back home and Aunt Connie was surprised by the sight of me.

I went immediately to my room and took a bath. I changed to my pajamas. I know that it's morning but I just wanted to stay in my room for the whole day. Tears started falling down my face. On my whole life, i was always bullied, people disliked me for no reason. They spread rumors about me and gossip. I can't handle this anymore. I just want to run away and be alone. Be free, look for my parents and be with them because that's where I belong. I sat on the study table and opened my laptop. I went online in twitter. I saw that some Katycats were online. I searched for a flight ticket going to LA. I wanted to run away and go to LA. I wanted to look for my parents, ask them informations about myself and my own family, questions that were never answered my whole life. I found a ticket and the schedule of the flight was next week. I knew that I needed to tell Max about this. I didn't want to leave him but it's for my own good. I didn't wanna tell anyone about this. Though I was kind of afraid to go into the world by myself, but i have to do this. Max barged into my room. He saw me in my pajamas. "Hey Hally! I was looking for you. Where have you been?" He said. "I went inside the classroom and everyone started bullying me, laughing at me and throwing things at me. Mr. Williams told me to take a shower and change but I didn't bring extra clothes so I just decided to head back home". I said. "Gosh! I thought something happened to you." He said.

"I'm really sorry and I need to tell you something." I said to him. "What is it?" He said. "Uhm, i have decided to buy a flight ticket going to LA. I want to be free Max, i'm tired if these things happening to me. I want to look for my parents". I say to him. "WHAT?! Seriously, Hal!? Why? Are you going there alone?". He said to me shockingly. "Well yeah, i can take care of myself and I'll be fine. But please don't tell anyone about this, it's just between you and me." I say. "Fine. But keep in touch with me, OK? If something happens to you, they're going to blame it on me." He says. "I promise I'll be fine. If ever I meet Katy Perry, i'll tell her about you". I say to him smiling. "Yeah! Sure. When are you leaving btw?" He says smiling. "Next week, Friday." I say. "How are you going to leave? What if your aunt sees you?" Max says worriedly. "Uhm, maybe your sister can bring me to the airport? You'll come with me?". I say confused. "Well, i have to ask Kylee. But that could be a plan. What about for school? What would I say to them about you?" He says. "Tell them i needed to go for a vacation." I say."That could be, how about your aunt?" He says. "Uhh... Tell her... Tell her I'm going to spend my summer in another place? I don't know." I say." I'll think of something else but that's fine." He tells me.

Max left my house after a while. I knew that I needed to go to school tomorrow or else I might get detention. I'm not sure about when I'm coming back here in West Virginia. I guess I'll stay in LA if i find my parents there.