Great Tidings

Katy's Point of View

I was lying down in the brown couch in Hally's hospital room. The blanket was wrapped around my body. I faced away from the sight of Hally and I started to think about other things going in my mind. I can't cry anymore, I feel like all the tears in me are out of my body. There's just no tears streaming down my face, I was tired of crying and my eyes hurt a lot from crying.

I kept reminding myself to be optimistic and to stay strong. I don't want anyone to see me this upset. I tried as much as possible to smile more often but it felt like the smile on my face wasn't real happiness, it felt like it was a fake smile. No matter how hard I try, it's hard to let myself smile specially when I don't feel like to.

I faced back once again, this time I was facing Hally's hospital bed. I saw her sleeping quietly. She looked like an angel, she was just beautiful. I got out of the couch and grabbed my phone which was on the table. I lifted the cushioned chair and put it beside Hally's bed. I wanted to sit beside her. John left early this morning, he didn't sleep much because we were talking all night. Mom and Dad decided to go home, they were going to come back today. On the other hand, David and Angela slept in my house, they were going to take care of it and my kittens.

I turned on my IPhone and the time was 8:30am in the morning. Dr. Mckinley didn't visit yet so he was maybe going to visit later.

I saw Hally's eyes open. She moved slowly. Afterwards, I saw her staring at me, her face was blank and she didn't say anything. I continued to hold her hand with both of mine. We kept quite for a while.

"Katy, you should sleep. I'm going to be alright. I know you didn't get to sleep last night" I heard her say with her voice quiet and tender. "Oh... No. It's fine. I'm not that tired though. Besides, if I sleep you might need something" I said to her as I looked into her eyes. "How are you feeling, by the way?" I asked her calmly.

"I'm fine. I feel better than yesterday. But I can't stop thinking about the surgery. I'm scared Katy. I try as much as possible to be strong but it's difficult. I'm so sorry Katy" she said as her voice got shaky. "Baby, don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong. I know it's difficult but always keep in mind that I would always be here for you. Ok?" I said to her whilst staring at her. My eyes welled up with tears. I was trying hard not to let it fall but it just streamed down my face slowly. I wiped them off my face with my hand. I don't want Hally to see me like this.

"Thank you so much Katy. I can't say nothing more because I am so thankful that you're here with me. I love you" she said to me. "I love you too, so very much. I will be willing to do anything for you" I said to her as I leaned close to her and planted a kiss in her forehead.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her as I stood up and went to the table where the food was. "Erm... I can just eat an orange, it would absolutely be fine for me" She said to me as her voice cheered up. "Sure, just wait a sec. I have to prepare it" I said to her as I looked for an orange in one of the brown paper bags on the table. I prepared it and as soon as I was done, I handed it to Hally. The room was silent the whole time. Hally was busy eating her orange while I carried on sitting in the couch. I decided to text John and ask him what time he will arrive. He immediately replied back to me and he told me that he's going to come here at about 2:45pm.

"Katy? Can you please hand me my notebook? It's inside my bag, near the left pocket" she asked me politely whilst she sat up in her bed. "Sure babes" I said to her as I stood up and got her bag. I finally found her purple notebook. It seemed really personal to her and so I don't want to ruin it's privacy. I gave it to Hally. "Erm, another favor? Can you please put the table beside my bed? I'm really sorry, if I was only strong enough to get back to doing things normally..." She said to me shyly as her voice trailed off as soon as she finished her sentence. "Baby, really it's absolutely fine. I understand, so don't worry okay? Don't apologize because you didn't do anything wrong" I said to her as I sat in her bed while I held her cheek with my right hand softly. I was stroking it gently as I was staring into her eyes.