26th May, 1668

A day had gone by and he had not arrived to shore. My stomach was sick and I even physically became ill from all the stress and angst I was conjured. In the late hours of last eve, I was unable to take the unknown and decided to break free. I had made a promise to the King, but he had also made some to me. Ones of a happy future-one he never intended on keeping. I took this as my sign of no guilt and readied my cape. Pine in color, I slid it through the silver button and flipped the hood over my hair.

Cecil agreed again to help me. Only this time, it would be far more tricky. We escaped toward the stables and found a single guard on post. His gaze was fading but we had no time to lose. If for any circumstance, he was injured, I would have to get to him as soon as fate allowed. Cecil decided to cause a distraction so I could barrow one of the horses and go to town. Due to my escape before, he enlisted all of his employed guards to linger in the castle aside from guarding the gates. This made it easy to leave.

Making my way to the village, I jumped from my horse and asked for help on information of the shipwreck three leagues out. Most of those I had asked, appeared to be ignorant or oblivious to the event and told me I had resembled the Queen. I laughed off the similar appearance to them, and prayed I would be free enough to help Gabriel. Or even to see him.

I had walked all night and sunrise was close as I rested near a now closed street market. But then I had been pulled into an alley by an unknown assailant. As I was being pulled, I tore the knife I always kept in my boot and placed it hard against the man's throat before I saw it to be Gabriel. His light eyes were humored at my quick response and he joked about how my frame and technique had improved. I shot back quick before holding him close.

He pulled me deeper in the alleys and set me up against behind a building. One used to remove the dirt from the water in the city, the building supported me as he pressed his lips to mine. My eyes as well as his were unable to hold back the emotions we felt. But our reunion was short lived as I saw he was impaled with a piece of wood in his lower left abdomen. Now I was forced to sneak back into the castle.

Going back toward the stables, I found that three guards were now at the stables. One left in the time we tried to devise a plan as the other two watched the areas around. Gabriel threw a stone against the wall on the opposite side of the courtyard as he then punched the other guard, dragging him in the stables and then covering him in hay. We ran quickly up the stairs and to Cecil who cried as she saw us together. I explained his wounds as she aided to them instantly.

I stayed beside him during the operation and placed then removed the bite stick from his mouth so he did not alarm anyone. The King would certainly have returned if not soon and I was unsure how to handle Gabriel's current state. Cecil agreed she would make sure he was alright.

As the day turned into night, Gabriel and I talked about everything we had both been through. He was angry at me for trying to take my life but he understood as he told me he thought of the same. He also told me that if it was not for Cecil, he probably would have. If not for that glimmer of hope and happiness. I had told him then of my plan to assassinate my husband. A task I thought would be incredibly difficult. He explained an easier way. One I knew I could do. And I would do it tonight. I would end this war between Gabriel and Edmund once and for all...