29th January, 1668

I requested that I be left alone this day. Only breakfast and lunch had interrupted my day. The events of the night before lingered painfully in my mind and I could not help but cry shamefully at my mistake. What was I to think? A man of his looks and title...for a girl such as me? A girl promised to a sexually frustrated and evil man...It pained me as I realized this was now my existence. I would awaken every morning abreast a man whom I loathed, one whom I would be forced to stand beside in the cold while he would take various mistresses if not one in every village. But then I would be forced alone and eventually driven insane and live my final days regretting this moment.

        As my sadness grew to a point of pitiful despair, Oliver climbed yet again to my chambers. His breath was quick and sharp. He told me how he had a horse waiting for me to take me from the King. My heart raced at this. I had read stories of noble men such as Oliver-defying everything even life and fate itself to be with the woman he loved. But this was not a story, this was my existence...my life so I declined. He took my face into his hands and my lips into his at that moment. He apologized for embarrassing me the previous night. I blushed from him but lingered and basked in his kiss. It was as if eating a freshly baked croissant with fresh jasmine tea and perfect weather with angels singing to me in the distance. I could feel his body want me. His embrace nearly taking me into him. He stopped. His breath fast and his hands trembling. He explained to me his aching heart and how it desired me in ways he knew unfit for a man claiming to be a gentleman. He told me how he wanted to make love to me and I melted before him. He held me unto him as we kissed until the stars made themselves known.

        He remained distant until he was to leave. I could feel a deep sadness set inside me as I watched him climb. I ran to him as he climbed. His fingers were wrapped around the vines. He placed his hand upon my cheek and gave me a chaste kiss upon my lips. I pulled him back to me and this led to him climbing back over the railing and pushing me against the wall abreast the doors to my chambers. His lips caressed my chin and eventually trailed down my neck and to my chest. I could feel lustful persperation become prominent and visible as he touched my leg that was wrapped around his. His hand grazed it slightly and he clawed the virgin skin so rough that it caused a slight moan to escape from my lips. But the door swung open and the King stood besotted. His equilibrium wavered until he fell harshly onto the floor. He told me how we were to marry in two days time and I would be deflowered viciously. I am sure at this time, it took everything in Oliver's strength and will to not tear him apart, but out of respect for me and in hope of keeping both of our heads attached to our bodies, he remained silent.

        I excused both the King and Oliver that night with separate agendas. For the King, I gave him a kiss he would soon forget morrow. For Oliver, I took him and bused him until he was breathless. I could feel his muscles tense around me and him desire me. I was afraid I would never feel his kiss again or his touch. I knew deep in my dreams we would be together. Some way.