13 January 1668

When I woke up this daybreak, I noticed the sweet scent of a pastry enigma outside my door. I unbarred the door to find an array of different delicious treats awaiting to be devoured. My fingers played around on the plate before choosing a sugar coated pastry. It instantly melted in my mouth and I unintentionally moaned as the saccharine taste pleased my stomach and tongue. Within a matter of moments, I had devoured everything the tray had held. I placed the platform on my bed to find a knock awaiting my answer. I opened it to find a servant with a sour expression. She had asked why I was not dressed and asked that I make haste for the majesty was awaiting my presence. My heart throbbed within my breast as I decided what attire to venture off into the day with. I decided on a long and full dress made of lace and friendly floral designs on the foot of the dress. A corset made of the finest material was laid out for me and I pulled it as tight as feasible before pulling the tighter material over my bodice. My hair had been an utter fiasco. Leaving my chambers as is would cause great gossip among the castle. I groomed myself and used powdered berries for a pleasant appearance before exiting my room.

        As I walked down the eerie corridor, I noticed as eyes shifted upon me. My hair may have remained wild yet or my powder not even, this was unclear. I was sure that as they looked to me, they judged me. I held my breath sharp before entering the King's chambers. I could tell it was his by the size of the doors and the aggregate of guards before the door. As I walked towards them, they separated so I was able to move between them and enter his room. A servant shadowed me into the room and announced my full name before the king. As he turned, I found myself blushing and quite shy. No words left my lips, only perspiration from my skin. My hands grew clammy and I found myself intimidated by his mass size and deep soulful eyes. For so long, my father told me tales of his cruelty and I have experienced myself how evil he can be, but being isolated with him, he seemed so sweet and kind. He asked if I was comfortable and if I had needed anything or desired anything and of course I denied him. The place was already grand as could be and my quarters were even more extravagant. Golden trinkets decorated the room as a stained glass pair of doors opened to a balcony. I found myself often drawn to the balcony and staring upon the water that rested so calmly below me. That is how I had spent my first night at the castle, sitting on the balcony structure and looking upon the stars and what lied far beyond the ocean.

        The King and I had spent a great portion of the day discussing aspects of our lives that have affected us. I told him of my brother's death and my feelings of neglect. He told me how the Queen was very ill and this made him lonely and wanting companionship. There was a type of trust we instantly granted each other. It was a connection that with anyone else, would have taken a longer portion of time and many meetings to establish, but it was natural with him.

        For the second part of the day, we had walked throughout his extravagant garden that was filled with panchromatic flowers and other plants that seemed to be calling me. It was this moment that I had expressed my interest in flowers and plants and botany. This took him by surprise, a pleasant surprise he had told me, and he left me for a moment and returned with a box. The box was beautifully carved and wound tight with a bright purple ribbon that kept it closed. My fingers gracefully pulled at the ribbon and it fell in my hand, leaving the box open to expose a key. The key was made of a heavy metal that made me blush when it slipped my grasp and fell to the ground. King Edmund picked it up from my feet and explained its purpose to me. He explained how it was a key to the grand library in the West section of the castle and it is a present to me from him. I was unable to contain my excitement and lunged to him and wrapped my arms around him hugging him tightly before he laughed.

        The King stood just a handful of inches over me but still made me cautious of all and any action I committed. In all honesty, I was beginning to see why every women wanted him...