12 January 1668

A part of me has been buried today. Mother and father depend on one another for support in times like this. In all of my existence, I have only known one other person I know to die. It had been my grandmother on my mother's side of kin. The means of her death is a far complicated medical term that only father understood. My point is, I have only seen one other corpse of I person I had loved. Her body was lifeless similar to Nicolo's. The eyes had fallen gray and closed in a way to make those who saw them believe that they were in peace. My mind kept reminiscing about the fateful night, it had been far from peaceful. Nicolo's hands were placed across his chest in a way as if he was guarding his chest or maybe his heart that no longer beated. I believe I was unable to cry that moment because I had cried every moment up until then. In the distance, I saw a Royal carriage delayed near a group of trees. The crest on the carriage led me to believe it had been the King himself. Father discovered the carriage almost the instant I had, and walked over toward it. Only the door had become ajar and father was talking to what I assume to be a person inside, unless he had lost his sanity like mother. Mother began talking to herself and even Nicolo at times. To me, her mental state is anything but sane. Father returned a few moments later with a smile upon his face. A smile that was incredibly inappropriate for a time such as this. He clutched my arm and led me away from the rest of the family and behind a tree. Father explained to me that the King requested my company. To me, this news was anything but stimulating. I have seen the king and all of his wickedness, and my father was allowing me to be alone with this man because of his title? Maybe his money? Before I had an instant to ask even a single question, my father escorted me to the carriage. His fingers dug into my skin and later I found blood from the force of his grasp. Only a brilliant smile was a goodbye as I rode away in a carriage with a selection of men that were strangers to me.

        The men sitting opposite me had looks of impurity but opulent. It was as if my mind could hear upon theirs through their eyes. Their eyes never left my bodice, causing me to writhe in my seating. I tried to distract myself from the lustful men. They attempted conversation with me that just led to short answers and me developing impressions of the men. The one sitting to the right of me was one of great importance. He kept claiming how he was one of the King's closest confidants and often ran his fingers through his hair which was a sign of insecurity. He also continuously groomed his clothes and straightened his buttons, telling me that he was pedant about his appearance, as well as every thing else I can assume. The man to the left of me was a cad. His eyes never left my torso and only inquired about relationships in my life. I managed myself as a lady, claiming that such private business would be kept only by my knowledge.

        After what seemed like an eternity, we arrived at the castle. I found myself stunned at the structure. The marvelous details made me stare for coon's age. One of the men escorted me further through the castle, interrupting my fantasizing. The men walked on either side of me, causing me to feel a strong feeling of intimidation and fear. Two more guards were standing fore the castle doors, holding tightly onto weapons of which I did not recognize. The guard's escorting me nodded to them and they opened the colossal doors.

        My head moved suddenly from side to side, thirsty for all of the details on the interior of the grand structure. Torches lit the strait corridor that we walked down. Doors and portraits lined the walls allowing me an idea of the royals who ruled before King Edmund. The guards stopped in front of a room at the end of the hall. They told me how it was my room and I have clothes all my size and food will be given later. They also said how I would meet the majesty morrow.