15th February, 1668

Father had met Gabriel for the initial time after sunset last night. They talked about fishing among all things. Something they both had in common I assume. As he spoke, I was unable to take my eyes from Gabriel. I was unsure why until I write now. He was my home. I despised him when I met him, slowly fell in love with him, and now am hopelessly in love. As I sat, I began to feel ill. Dizzy from the movement from sea to land I assume.

Leaving Gabriel in the presence of my father, and him alone, I was wracking my nerves trying to wait patiently for him to return to the chambers. I saw how his gaze was tight on me when he entered. I interrogated him for a short while before he told me they discussed me. My father told him something I shall never forget.

Love is a foolish mistress. It is based upon lust and emotions which are equally as dangerous as they are disastrous. Eventually, the matters of the hard afflict a deep pain, whether it is those on the outside or your love setting the other one free.

  My father was one for the dramatic words that would make you sit in your room for days at a time just to comprehend a sentence. Something was odd about him for sure. As if he was altered into another man. His eyes spoke of a deep pain as his actions spoke happiness. I had insisted he remain on the boat this night, but he refused. One of the crew members walked him back home before I went to sleep as well.

As I laid in Gabriel's arms after submitting to another love session, I felt as if my life were complete. As if I had been waiting for this moment that all was well and I could finally live. But something in my heart told me the next events that would follow would be a nasty venture...