13th February, 1668

The night of last, I went to Gabriel to find him upset. I had never seen him vulnerable and had always seen him a hard and cold man. Passionate as he was, he never let me into his current thoughts. I was always left to guess his thoughts. Something this night told me his heart had been slowly breaking. Walking into his cabin, he had not seen me at first. He threw a book across the room and nearly hit me. When he saw this, he sprinted across the room to make sure I had been alright. It was then I saw the tears on his cheeks. His eyes were slightly red but it was difficult to see since only the candlelight lit the moment.

        I asked him why he had been crying and he responded with evading. He was unaware of how persistent I was. Not ceasing until I received an answer, he learned quickly and eventually explained how he thought I was to choose to go home and leave him. As he spoke his thoughts, I saw his lips become a hard line and his eyes become glossy and filling with tears. He explained to me how he dreaded the times I was absent from him and rejoiced in the moments I was beside him. Even if our moments were spent bickering, he enjoyed them rather than me not with him.

        Placing my hand upon his cheek, I forced him to look at me before kissing him sweetly. Within seconds, our kiss became a full love session. His hands were tearing through my hair as he laid me upon the bed, slowly and tenderly kissing my skin.

        He made me writhe beneath him as he cascaded kisses up and down my body, eventually making it to my stomach. Removing the clothes he designed carefully for me to wear, he removed them until I was bare before him. Going to cover myself from insecurity and the cold air, he threw the sheet aside and kissed my most sensitive areas until he found it suitable to move on. He slowly removed his clothes as well before eventually going to make love to me. I placed my hands on his shoulders to stop him for just a moment.

        "I choose you." I spoke as I anticipated the pleasure that was to come. "I apologize for even having to think. I knew all along it was you."