12 January , 1669

Two months have passed since I last wrote of my life for this journal. So many events have happened that it has caused me to question my own sanity, know my own strength, and most of all; believe that hope does in deed exist.

The night I was set to assassinate the King, I found him with another. He had been stating his legal troubles as a cover for what was really an affair. For me, I begged him to annul the marriage and he refused. I stood before him then and told him I would rather die and he took his sword from his side to lunge toward me. Out of luck and quick reflexes, I was able to get away. Not before his guards shut the door on me, locking me in to fend off.

Thank to Gabriel, I knew how to defend myself with a weapon and took the fire poker beside the fireplace and stood before him in a fighting stance. He tossed ignorant as well as harsh words toward me as I blocked his attempts to slay me.

Dodging, swerving, and even jumping to avoid his blade, he eventually scarred my shoulder with the sterling silver. It stung as if you poured alcohol into a wound. I lingered and gritted my teeth as he watched with a grin. The balcony door had been open as our altercation led us to the somewhat spacious outside balcony. Our weapons clashed and mine was sent down to the watery grave. He placed the butt of his blade against the throat as he looked into my eyes and spoke words I would never forget;

"You are a pathetic maiden who seduced the king and became a whore to the pirate everyone loathes. You are no different then the women who were in my bed before...and not any then the ones that will follow..."

In some way, this lit a thunder in my vocalization. I fired back verbally in a way I never thought I could.

"It is you who is pathetic. You have to force women to be with you and then you kill whatever you cannot handle. If you are unaware, the body count is fairly high. I would rather be a peasant any day then your wife another second."

The blade pressed into my neck but not before Gabriel entered my chambers. This caused Edmund to change his direction of vision and I pushed him aside. Gabriel ran to my side and took the sword from his side and pointed it directly in front of us- his body was now shielding me from any pending danger.

It was the next move that had become fatal. Edmund lunged as he had done to me and Gabriel hit his weapon up, causing it to clash hard on the stone and fall into the water. He was begging then for his life and I discovered true fear in his eyes.

"You killed my father...You ruined the love of my life, and you killed my child...But death is not a just form for you. You deserve to feel that pain..." He then turned to me and kissed me sweetly before turning back to Edmund. "You will renounce your royalty and annul your marriage to Graceanna. Or believe me, then I will kill you. You will live out the rest of your days alone and bitter with not as much as a snake for company..."

But as Gabriel turned, Edmund attempted to bludgeon him with a rock and I used the lit torch and released the bottom of the cage, causing the embers to burn his skin. In attempts to escape, he turned and fell from the balcony. Gabriel and I both lunged to save him but it was of no use. He was dead. The man who had ruined my life was finally gone, but the moment was not joyous as I had hoped. I felt guilt....immense levels of guilt....

Gabriel held me tight as we both took in the moment. We were free..but who would believe in the story? A scorned wife who had left him before...what were we to do?

I soon discovered Cecil was willing to testify of his cruel ways to protect me. Along with many other servants I had helped when they were sick or injured. I took this as a large blessing and we endured a full week of legal disputes. It ended with me giving up my crown-which was a blessing once more than a punishment, but I showed them my sadness and acted as if it were a horrid statement. Leaving the courts, I felt anew. As if I was polished, sparked, and then molded into a new being. Gabriel and I walked hand and hand through the village that I no longer ruled.

As we walked, I was thanked by villagers who claimed the King had ruined their lives and this way, they had received justice. As he suffered in his final moments. Gabriel and I returned to the courts that following day to attempt to pass a law to those against abuse and cruelty. In this specific part of the world, it passed and some saw us as saviors.

Since we had our entire lives to then decide of what the future held before us, we had decided to sail all around the world. I had discovered from Gabriel that Cecil told him of the miscarriage in the letter which caused him much grief, but he then knew he had to see her to make sure she was mentally and physically alright. He never intended for the king to die, but since he did, it appears everything else had become a blessing.

Including the child we recently discovered we were having. Cecil was employed by Gabriel and sailed the world with us, with no stress of being harmed. It took her some time to adjust to the life on sea, but once she did, it appeared to be right where she belonged.

Gabriel slowly healed and eventually only had scars of the events of the past. It had been the only thing that remained from the events we both agreed to endure. We decided never to forget about the past as it has molded the future we now are sailing toward. But we also decided it was best to not bring it into a conversation.

My name is Graceanna Sable. I am the wife of the notorious pirate Gabriel Sable who has a hard exterior but a fluffy heart. I may not be the Queen of Fate's Hallow any longer or a commoner of Fate's Whisper, but I was indeed the Queen of the Sea, as Gabriel told me. We were never rich, but we were never poor. We had our moments of fighting and times we could have drowned each other, but love always prevailed over our selfish angers. He became my salvation, my greatest friend, my partner, my husband, and the love of my life. And now I have decided to enjoy the life we have created so I end my diary on this page. Whoever finds this; however that may be, I hope you found the type of love we did and I hope you find that the world is like the ocean. It can be chaotic and even dangerous, but with the sails adjusted in the right direction, you can endure anything.

Graceanna Hathaway-Sable

Queen of the the Sea

Mother to Henry Sable

Doer of good and justice