12th, May 1668

I fear my quill has just recently discovered my diary due to the incredible events that have lead up to today. Gabriel and I have been separated twice since then, but as I write, he is along with me. The first days of May, Gabriel was captured by the King's men and set to hang before them all. The king became sadistic toward him. Endless hours of torture as if the fear of a life ending was not enough.

I recall Edmund's smile as the platform beneath Gabriel gave way. He lingered in such a position that his complexion became a fiery red and he kicked in hopes of release. I knew my actions would deal to my death as well. That being known, I removed a dagger from my boot and threw it toward the rope. He then fell to the ground and raised upon his knees.

This caused an uprising. The most vicious in the history of this kingdom. The prisoners attacked the guards until they outnumbered them. Taking the keys from their waists, they set themselves free. These men were ones imprisoned for the King's sport. Not once for an unforgivable crime. Gabriel was no exception. The noose lingered upon his neck as we escaped through the riot. I had looked back and saw how the King was not pleased. I reveled in the thought. For once, he was not the hero the people saw, he was the monster. The true character I always saw.

I knew the grounds well and caught a horse and rode far away from this place. I swear I never stopped turning behind myself. In some way, he always seemed to locate me.

We rode to a village sea bound. It was spacious and friendly. Most of my heart breaks to see the famine and sickness. I used my herbal knowledge to help those I could. It was then I discovered my true reason. My love story with Gabriel would be one of most epic proportions, but my duty created was to help those who could not survive alone. I did know this responsibility would be one of difficult moral decision. I also knew I desperately wanted to do this.

We had then set for a popular famine and sickness infested location. They called it Golden Tyde. A place famed for their legends of mermaids and giant squids with carnivorous tendencies. We were far from the place I called hell, and yet I felt as if I was being analyzed by an unknown pair of eyes. Disregarding the feeling, I continued on my journey. It was then Gabriel and I were separated once more. This time, by sickness.

The symptoms he acquired were abnormal for such an area. The medical portion of my intelligence told me to give up. My love for him made this impossible. Every night, I fell asleep beside him in an old wooden chair that creaked in any movement. Which leads us to today. The twelfth day in the fifth month. I awoke to find him gone. The bed he had slept in was cleaned and new sheets were placed. I was intrigued on how anybody did this as I slept directly beside the bed.

I searched the village all day until I found him. He was laying on the beach unconscious. His skin was ice cold and ivory as mine. As he told me before, my skin was a beautiful ivory, created to compare to the prettiest of flowers or even snow. His skin was sickly. My heart was torn from me at that moment. My love, the father of my child, was left to die on a pile of sand. His eyes were still the beautiful color I remember and the only thing that kept my hope alive when we were apart.

His chest was hardly moving as his breath ceased slowly. I was placed in a position yet again where I was doomed to see the one I love die. My hands threw up toward the sky as it had been blue and sunny but miserable to me. The world seemed at peace to his slow demise as I was dying with him. I cradled beside him, my body crested and holding him. I was praying and cursing at the same extent.

My pain was then extended as a pair of hard and dark boots were stepping on my hair. Releasing my hair so I could rise, I found it to be Edmund himself. He wore a sadistic grin and I released my anger onto him. He caused us to run, which led us here, which made Gabriel sick. My words that escaped were ones no lady should ever even think. I was beside myself with wrath. I begged him to kill me and instead he pulled me into him and kissed me. Then laughed at the scene before him.

It was then a deal was struck. One I made in desperation and pain. The words are never ceasing in my mind as I sit here writing this.

"I will never see him again, if you save his life. Please. He's a good man, with a family, you cannot let him die. I will be your Queen and never leave. You have my word." Tears poured down my cheeks as the promise was made and he was then brought to a medic. One trained to heal those in the most dire of distresses. I said goodbye as I was pulled away by my King. The man I loved would think I left him, a horrid realization I would have to endure my entire life. Knowing he would be safe, was worth that pain.

I was taken to the castle and thrown into the dungeon where I was beat and burned then branded. A hot iron thrown against my skin labeling me a whore and the King's personal property.

I would lay beside him every night, eat every meal, tell all my secrets to, and raise a child with a man I despised more than the devil. I was convinced he embodied the sadistic being. This night, I awoke to find my legs were bloody. Completely soaked with my own life. The king became disgusted in me and ordered me away. As I laid in the infirmary, I found a friend, an ally. One that allowed me some reason to still exist.