Sad Merchling

A/n: This is based off ElenaIsHere112 's one shot so go check that out. Also please go read TheDelilahLyrics 's book because it is genuinely good.

//

Jesper has been gone for a week now, on a job with Kaz. This left Wylan with time to think all about the secrets he's hiding from his boyfriend. He is hiding his dyslexia, self-harming and real identity from him and its starting to become overwhelming.

This leads us to Wylan curled up on their bed, crying, just wanting to be held by Jesper and to be able to finally tell him the truth.

He knew he couldn't. He'd been trying to for months but everytime he just decides to shut his mouth and stay quiet.

Today was going to be different, not that Wylan knew that, let's keep that between us for a bit.

//

Jesper walked into the house, taking his shoes off. He was happy to he back at home, where his merchling has been all week. He was slightly worried at the lack of Cassia to greet Kaz when they arrived back and the silence in the house meant she wasn't here either. He had to check that out later but decided to go see the love of his life first.

Jesper made his way upstairs and as soon as he heard his boyfriend's weeping he ran into the room and immediately hugged his sunshine while caressing his cheek (this feels clichè).

"Hey...what's wrong Merchling?" Jesper asked, kissing Wylan's head. Wylan just started apologising, confusing Jesper further.

"Sunshine, what's going on?" Jesper asked again, hoping to actually get an answer this time.

"I've been lying to you all and it's okay if you don't want me afterwards but..." Wylan started but was cut off by a hiccup and more sobs.

All Jesper could do was hold him close and reassure him that he loved him no matter what. Nothing could prepare him for the truth that would smack in the face like Will Smith.

"Jesper...I'm the son of Jan Van Eck and...the truth is I don't know how to read" Wylan stated. "Its okay if you don't love me anymore, I understand and I can leave" Wylan added after a few minutes off silence, slowly getting up.

Wylan was yanked back down into Jesper's chest and squeezed like some sort of squishy.

"I couldn't care less who your father is and who gives a fuck if you can't read? I can do it for you. More more reason you would need me in your life" Jesper smirked at the last part and kisses Wylan's head once more.

The two then spent the whole day cuddling and talking about their week.

The end.

//
A/n: I just noticed the 1K reads and oh my saints THANK YOU!! 😭❤️