Umbrella

Jesper was walking around Ketterdam, in the rain. He was unfortunate enough to forget this umbrella back at the slat.

He was out because Kaz needed him to gather some information on a new marchent in town. He was supposed to go to this guy's place, get information and get out but right now he was soaking wet and uncomfortable.

He really wished he was at home with his lovely boyfriend, Wylan Van Sunshine. He got pulled out his thought with a tap on the shoulder. He turned to see a boy. He had brown, shoulder length straight hair with brown eyes. He was slightly taller than Jesper and was fairly muscular. Let's not forget he was extremely tanned.

Jesper noticed that the guy had an umbrella in his hand. "I'm Robert. I live across the street and I saw you drenched so I thought you could use an umbrella" he chuckled out as he handed Jesper the umbrella.

Jesper accepted it greatfuly. "Thank, I'm Jesper. I live a few streets down" he said with a smile. The two said their goodbyes and walked their separate ways.

Jesper got home 10 minutes later and put the umbrella down, he took a quick bath and changed. He them made his way down to Wylan and saw the boy wasn't there but he did leave a note on the fridge.

The note:

Hi Jes,

You've been out for a few hours and I was getting a little bored so I asked Inej if she wanted to hang out. We are now Saints now where but I should be back soon. I left some food for you in the fridge.

Love, Wylan

Jesper smiled widely at the note. It was sort of a joke between them. When they first started dating they would always be up at different times due to jobs so they'd leave notes but that wasn't as necessary now. They did both sometimes find notes from each other around the house non the less but they were more sweet than anything.

Jesper looked at the time and thought it was a good time to go to bed so he did. As much as he wanted to wait for his merchling he knew it might take awhile longer.

//

Wylan arrived home about an hour later. He unravelled himself from his layers of clothes and saw he was dry so decided that a change of clothes wasn't needed.

He looked over to his side and saw 3 umbrellas at the side. He furrowed his eyebrows as there should only be 2.

He approached the 3rd one and looked at the name and address engraved on it.

Robert Smitson
23 ******* Ketterdam (I couldn't come up with a street name)

Wylan had ran into Robert a few times before so he knew him. Robert was a flirt and could get anyone in bed with him, he almost fouled Wylan at one point. Wylan stormed upstairs and saw Jesper asleep which was unusual.

Wylan shook his boyfriend awake, startling him. "Wy?" Jesper asked through his droppy eyes. He noticed Wylan's upset face and immediately opened his arms, inviting him in. When Wylan didn't budge for beside him Jesper look his hand in his instead. "Merchling, what's wrong?" Jesper kisses his hand as he asked the question.

"Where is he?" Wylan shot back, almost in disgust. Jesper was even more confused.

"Where's who?" He asked, letting go off his boyfriend's hand while sitting up.

"Robert. That flirty little piece of of of SHIT" Wylan yelled the last part, suprising Jesper further. Jesper has never heard Wylan swear in his normal voice nevermind yelling it like his life depended on it. Okay that's a lie, but the bedroom doesn't count in this situation.

"Robert? What?" Jesper asked, still sleepy.

"Where is he? I saw his umbrella" Wylan started to look around the room and it clicked in Jesper. Now that Jesper knew what was up he felt sort of heartbroken. He felt like that because he couldn't believe Wylan could think so lowly of he when he has admitted his undying love to him several times now.

"Wylan could you please sit down and let me talk?" Jesper asked, quiter now. Wylan noticed this and found it as a sign of guiltiness since Jesper was NEVER quiet in any situation.

Nevertheless he sat down to listen. Even if he was going to get heartbroken he atleast wanted to know the reason.

"We didn't do anything. I forgot my umbrella when I left, I was soaked on my home, he saw me and gave me his umbrella. We didn't even talk all that much. We literally just exchanged names, said goodbye and left. I promise that I only love you and your beautiful face, merchling" he said the last part with a tear slipping through.

Wylan started to feel horrible. He made assumptions and now the love of his life was in tears. Wylan literally jumped into Jesper's arms and clung on for dear life. "I love you too and I'm sorry" his apology muffled as his face was in Jesper's chest.

Jesper held tightly onto Wylan as if he would run away, now he sort of had a fear he actually might.

Jesper then brought Wylan's face up into a loving kiss. It wasn't as lustful as some of the others. This one was full of passion and love. It was sweet.

The two spent the whole night cuddling and sharing kisses while talking about their days, sleep totally forgotten.

Let's also say that Jesper is never borrowing an umbrella from someone again.

The end.

//
A/N: I think this is the longest one I've done and oh my saints 😭