j.hs ↠ cold sunshine

COLD SUNSHINE

for touchecore

-------------- --------------

Author's Note:

Hoseok (J-Hope) x Reader

c. 10,000 words

mature content warning

very softdom/lots of talking/praising if you like that kinda thang

p.s.: namjoon is a bit of a misogynistic a-hole in this one lol sorry. you know he's my husband irl.

-------------- --------------

"Wishing on a sky, wishing on a scar

"Wishing on a sky, wishing on a scar."

- Jung Hoseok, Daydream

-------------- --------------

For as much of your adult life as you could remember, you had feelings for Jung Hoseok.

It started at school, as most passionate crushes do. Both of you attended the most prestigious school in Seoul; a mixing pot for the children of Korea's ultra-wealthy. Hoseok's parents were in real estate and reportedly owned most of Gwangju; your mother was a well-known political figure, and your father a notable journalist. The pair of you blended right in with the rest of your class.

Until you were sixteen, boys and girls were educated separately, only mixing classes for your final year. So although you knew some of the boys from outside school - Park Jimin's parents were good friends of your father's, for instance, making him your closest childhood friend - you had never met Hoseok before, nor the majority of his male classmates that had been residing in the other building for the last few years.

And then came the first day of your final year at school.

It had been Jimin you'd been looking for that day. As you sat in the school's cafe that morning, dressed to kill in your own take on the school uniform - no one took it that seriously - you had scanned the boys who entered, looking for your orange-haired friend. You would have noticed him, too, strolling in with his signature crescent-mooned wink to half the ladies in the room, had Hoseok not been in front of him.